StromTrooper banner

301 - 320 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
so utah*** compared to your 2005 what are your first impressions, are the 2018. better ?
Does it pull harder and shift smoother ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
so utah*** compared to your 2005 what are your first impressions, are the 2018. better ?
Does it pull harder and shift smoother ?
I took out the 2018 for its first real ride this morning. I love it! It seems so light compared to the 2005 and the exhaust tone is much different.

Now comparing a 2005 with over 66,000 miles to a 2018 with only 2,000 miles isn't really fair. The 2018 is a much better bike, pulls faster, turns easier, shifts smoother, stops better. I kept finding myself speeding and thinking, "am I really going that fast?"

Reactions: Damirio

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first post and, most important, my first Wee! It’s a 2020, last new one I could find in my area and for a great price! Pics start at dealership then next to the 1980 GS850G then my first addition of a DIY luggage solution. I’ll add frame sliders from SV Racing and hand guards but that’s about it for now just going to enjoy some worry free back road street riding. I’ve been reading about these bikes for a long time now while riding various types and makes Japanese and American, feels great to finally have a new one. This is hands down the best bike I have ever ridden, perfect for me! So maybe I bring this discussion back to life, would like to see more like mine. Safe riding!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
A couple pics of how the Givi Trekker Monokey cases look on the 650xt. Top case is 52L and side cases are 33L. I think it turned out great. I haven’t road tested them yet so I cant speak to their functionality but do not anticipate any problems. I wish pics like these were easier to find when I was shopping - maybe I didn’t try hard enough! Hope this helps anyone considering dropping the change for this set.

·
Registered
604 Posts
New pics since code reset - looks even heathier now. Clean happy bike!
I'm thinking about painting the lower engine cowl silver as the front fender is.
If anything it will make the engine look bigger :rolleyes:

·
Registered
207 Posts
First day of Fall, what's better way to experience the nature changing colors, then on two wheels.
Alberta is truly beautiful, clean air, clean water....heaven on earth :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pic of the bike when I bought it. I have added T-rex crash bars, fork brace, mirror extensions, aftermarket mirrors, lowering pegs for now. More on the way.

Attachments

Reactions: Damirio

·
Registered
32 Posts
What tires are you running? Nice looking bike.

301 - 320 of 347 Posts