StromTrooper banner

81 - 100 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
with snow forecast for the wkend, i took advantage of 45° & sunny day & road backroads around athens & petersburg il..... photos @ lincoln's new salem park....
dec1319_newsalem2.jpeg
dec1319_newsalem3.jpeg

·
2015 DL650
176 Posts
True adventure, that is what I think every time I see this picture. Performed flawlessly, I love the DL1000

·
Registered
175 Posts
Were you ever able to locate the tank ring? I've been searching like crazy…
Nope. I have a suspicion that the factory suzuki tank bag is the sw motech city bag. So I wondered if you bought the Suzuki tank lock ring and the sw motech city bag, would it fit? I am not sure. I couldn't get the sw motech ring in Canada or even delivered to Canada from a US supplier. A lot of people suggested the givi tank lock bags but I read a lot of complaints about zippers failing. I ended up buying a Cortech bag that had far more features for less a lot less money. Problem is that it is a universal fit, strap on bag. It is a very nice bag and loaded with great features at a great price. But a lot of people warned me that tanklock was the only way to go and I kind of regret my decision already. The universal fit does not mount solid and having it slide back and forth and mark up my bike will bother me immensely. I wish they made this cortech bag as a tank lock version. It is a very nice bag.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nope. I have a suspicion that the factory suzuki tank bag is the sw motech city bag. So I wondered if you bought the Suzuki tank lock ring and the sw motech city bag, would it fit? I am not sure. I couldn't get the sw motech ring in Canada or even delivered to Canada from a US supplier. A lot of people suggested the givi tank lock bags but I read a lot of complaints about zippers failing. I ended up buying a Cortech bag that had far more features for less a lot less money. Problem is that it is a universal fit, strap on bag. It is a very nice bag and loaded with great features at a great price. But a lot of people warned me that tanklock was the only way to go and I kind of regret my decision already. The universal fit does not mount solid and having it slide back and forth and mark up my bike will bother me immensely. I wish they made this cortech bag as a tank lock version. It is a very nice bag.
Turns out you're right. The Suzuki mounting ring is available everywhere (local dealer has a bunch on hand) and is the exact same part as the Motech.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Turns out you're right. The Suzuki mounting ring is available everywhere (local dealer has a bunch on hand) and is the exact same part as the Motech.
Well that is terrible for me. That is the bag I wanted but I wasn't sure and I never thought it would have the same part number. Thankyou. Now I know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just picked up today. Brand new (300km) 2018 DL1000.
Hey congratulations! I have the same bike and colour, but mine looks pretty different now.
The yellow "1000" sticker on your lower fairing - that isn't factory, I don't think. Nice extra touch of yellow.

What part of the country are you in? (…and can we know what you paid for a NOS 2018 1000?)

81 - 100 of 143 Posts