StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
:surprise::surprise::surprise:

Because my buddy is the Honda salesman I got to test ride one a lot. Enough to know for my pattern/style of riding the V-Strom is better. He said there was a puff of sales when they first hit but now they move slowly. I live in twisties and it just didn't track as well.

I am hoping my giant dealer has a few new leftover 2018 V3's by the end of the year or early next year. That is where and how I got my two V-Strom's.

Picked up this guy up yesterday. Brand new 2018 XT. Traded in my pretty darn new 2017 Africa Twin for it. Just wasn't feeling the AT, and decided to come back to a Strom.

Already got a center stand, crash bars, heated grips, seat ordered. One of the windscreen mounting bolts was broken off so I've got to drill that out and replace it.

I did a 260 mile ride home from the dealer, and enjoyed it. Seems more peppy than the AT, has way better instrumentation, brakes are about on par, seating position is a little more cramped. Buffeting and air flow from the windscreen feels about the same. Definitely better on the pavement and especially in the twisties than the AT is.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts

My XT. Absolutely adore this machine.
Depending on when you took that photo, and how quickly you post that photo, it would be a winner in the the photo challenge game over in the photo Forum. The current challenge is your motorcycle with a road construction site.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Picked mine up about a week ago and really like it. Suzuki Australia have a promo where they are giving you Top Box, Side cases, Centre stand, Crash bars and LED indicator set for free with new bike so it is all on the way. I got dealer to throw in the new model genuine heated hand grips in the deal. Bout 5k worth of stuff for free but now I gotta fit it all!

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
I love the look of that muffler. Is the bike really loud with that?

I wouldn't mind getting rid of the catalytic converter as well as that valve inside the thing.

NC

Better put up a pic, 2 weeks old now, nearly run-in, and waiting for all the farkles to arrive.

GIVI Airflow screen is a revelation, best screen I have ever used, and suits my 6'3" tall frame very well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Picked mine up about a week ago and really like it. Suzuki Australia have a promo where they are giving you Top Box, Side cases, Centre stand, Crash bars and LED indicator set for free with new bike so it is all on the way. I got dealer to throw in the new model genuine heated hand grips in the deal. Bout 5k worth of stuff for free but now I gotta fit it all!
Update, still got a few things to go on but got the big stuff done. Got SW pegs and Givi Plate to go one now.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 89 Posts