StromTrooper banner

61 - 80 of 2611 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Here is the Canadian EXP version
I added the center stand, 12V outlet on the dash and padded backrest on top case (not much padding, but it protects the passenger shoulder blades from the hinges on that case)
For those of you who are getting the top case or vario winscreen from the dealer, be sure to get the rubber mat for the rear carrier and the original windscreen and mounting hardware (Brampton had all this packaged separately for me)

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's here!

The mechanic at my Suzuki dealer, Reality Motor Sports, Marion, IN, picked up my bike today from a dealer in Indianapolis. As soon as it's ready, (probably tomorrow:headbang:) I'll pick it up. :thumbup:

Prepare to "farkle"! :hurray:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Prepare to "farkle"!
Oldandslower - I'm sorry, but there is No Farkling until the bike has gone through it's initial break-in period.
The air has to settle in the tires, etc...it's all there in the manual, in really, really, really, small print. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Got mine yesterday, finally took a 5 mile ride this morning. What a fun bike! I'm going to like this one. :hurray:

I already de stickerized it, removed the tool pouch, rear grab handle, passenger foot pegs (really heavy!!) and reflectors. Installed my SV's quick fill fuel cap and put in my Shorai battery, much lighter! Probably will do the black plastics swap and the mufflerectomy.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just got it home from the dealership yesterday! Took them 2 weeks to finally get the indicator light fixed, so excited to have it! My niece and nephew love it, brother is way jealous. All he gets to do is fondle the throttle, lol. Stock as can be right now.

Looks like you have some sun there,i'm in Oregon and it's been raining for two weeks straight,enjoy the new Vstrom and cute kid's too....stromdon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Givi Removable Rack

[/IMG]

Well the contrast may be high, the Colorado mid-day sun does that. But the idea is there. I installed the GIVI rack this morning in about 30 mins. The only thing I would add to the diagram they provide is to install all the brackets with about 70 percent tension at first, then install side racks. This helped with the alignment. Once I placed the crossbar, I went back and snugged everything to full tension. Everything locked into place this way, didn't have to bend anything. It made me feel like a regular mechanical genius. I am no Mr. Goodwrench!!!

Also these racks seem about 7 pounds lighter than the SW Motech. I am also impressed that Suzuki gives you so many tools. As rudimentary as they may be, they serve the purpose.

Enjoy- hope this helps

·
Registered
219 Posts
Old and new

My avatar photo shows both my Orangesicles taken the day Orangesicle I was sold to a rider in Canada.

Here is a shot (below) taken at the end of the line (at least for a few more weeks) on Highway 20 last weekend in Washington state during a rare weekend break from the rain.

Added a few farkels to Orangesicle II since group photo was taken (see sig - minus Madstad bracket & windshield that just arrived yesterday). I'll post another photo when I get my Russell day long in June. :hurray:

·
Registered
56 Posts
My avatar photo shows both my Orangesicles taken the day Orangesicle I was sold to a rider in Canada.

Here is a shot (below) taken at the end of the line (at least for a few more weeks) on Highway 20 last weekend in Washington state during a rare weekend break from the rain.

Added a few farkels to Orangesicle II since group photo was taken (see sig - minus Madstad bracket & windshield that just arrived yesterday). I'll post another photo when I get my Russell day long in June. :hurray:
which model top box do you have on it?
I live in the same area also, and I think its gonna be more than a few weeks before we can ride to Winthrop. Gonna take a long time to get the road opened..just like last year.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yep. I heard they found a big slide where they had not encoutered one before.

WSDOT - Spring Reopening 2012 - progress updates

As soon as the route is open, I'll be making the ride to Winthrop.

Funny -- since I started riding my Strom - I've ridden Highway 20 more times in the last two years than since moving to the area in 1980.

Could it be the scenery and curves? You bet! :yesnod:

BTW - My top case is a Givi V46. I also have E41 Monokey cases (not shown in these photos).

Ride safe! Perhaps we'll ride together some day.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The first 2012 V-Strom finaly arrived here in Denmark.

And yesterday I picked it up - I did a trade in with my Honda:

Brand new:

Arriving in my driveway after the first ride:

Now it's farkling time :hurray:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Finally

I finally snapped a quick pic of the 2012. I've added a tank and tail bag since the pic. Now, let's ride!:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Welcome!

ברוך הבא לפורום!
חשבתי שאני הישראלי היחידי פה :)
(טוב אני ישראלי שגר בארה"ב..)

The bike looks great - love the white, best color on a Wee or Glee. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts