StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 2584 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
65 miles so far and loving it.

I love my hot grips by the way. I am working on lighting right now and also the windshield. I am going with the madstad and the CS windshield.

This my third bike and by far is the smoothest of them all. :thumbup:
My KTM was quicker and handled better but the KTM's brakes were way to much. After 2000 miles it started leaking from 2 different areas and the bolts used to hold the oil filter cover were a composite material and were easily stripped.

The Vstrom's quality and finish is very nice in my opinion for this price point.

After I rode the bike for the first time the first things that came to mind were --smooth, predictable handling and braking, and comfortable.

I bought this bike with much research and with the advice from a long time vstrom owner.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just north of Monptellier, France

I got a white one back in October, and I love it. I don't regret my color choice 'cuz it makes me look so much cooler than I really am, but I love the way the orange looks in all your pictures. I got the Suzuki engine protector since this pic, but it's one of my favorite places to ride so that's what you see today!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got it home from the dealership yesterday! Took them 2 weeks to finally get the indicator light fixed, so excited to have it! My niece and nephew love it, brother is way jealous. All he gets to do is fondle the throttle, lol. Stock as can be right now.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here is my bike after eight days of ownership. This is the canadian Touring Package with the lower fairing. More upgrades to come :mrgreen:

·
Registered
60 Posts
155 mile ride home from dealer yesterday. Wheeler Gorge off Hwy 33 East of Ventura CA. Tank bag is a Sedici Garda. I have owned a lot of tank bags and this one is great and under 50.00!

·
Registered
220 Posts
OK. I want your top box.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a Hepco & Becker box rebranded for Suzuki? What size?

Thanks.
I am not too sure! The top box is the one that came with the bike. It has the Suzuki embalm on it, but I am not too sure who makes it. I like it, but I like the remote options on the coocase, so I may opt for one of them eventually. The size is approximately 40-42L. It fits a full sized helmet sideways, with an additional 6" of space remaining which I use for my gloves! Spare visor, and accesories.

·
Registered
72 Posts
A new excuse to ride?

Well, at least my wife thought it was legitimate to head out for 155 kms on a Sunday to *accompany a bike racing event in the mountains!* Might have to sign up to do it again... you ride and protect groups when they arrive in roundabouts, roll with them a bit and make sure they don't get hit or surprised... but you also get to race between groups and try to stay ahead of the riders in the downhills. They are so fast, it's usually just best to let them go. In any case, it's a 2012 V-Strom, and I remembered why I didn't get the nice orange color: it's because here in France they are passing a law to require green fluorescent jacket, armbands or vests... less of a color clash with the white bike! This is north of Montpellier near Ganges, Sauves, and the incredibly varied Cévennes mountains. I'm assuming Winter is over at this point...
Very short snack break:

25 minute free-ride to catch up with the next group.

Still very much between groups, enjoying the ride by the river.

Looking forward to your weekend pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My New Ride ..W/ Farkles

I purchased my new "G Strom" Adventure model in January. Our riding season here in Nova Scotia is just starting, Im really looking forward to logging some serious kms this year, Ive had alot of fun over the winter months installing farkles, the next one to be installed will be an Akropovic pipe from SV Racing(On order).Hurry up nice weather!!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
The maiden voyage

The first ride home was 60 miles of pure fun.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 2584 Posts