StromTrooper banner
2701 - 2717 of 2717 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Post pictures of your 2012 DL in here 👍
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Just bought this yesterday! 2013 650 adventure with 20K miles...the seller took it to Alaska, filled his to do list, and now is becoming an RV nomad and sold me the bike for $4500, upgraded suspension, custom seat, led headlights and pia driving lights, new chain and sprockets, valve check and the like with lots more farkles. I've had a 2006 and 2014 Vstrom 1000's, and was worried about the wee/glee not being enough for me...I was wrong, it has good power, handles great, and is really smooth! Any suggestions as to what else I need, it comes with a gps, wiring for heated clothing and battery tender, voltmeter, and heated grips. Any thoughts on lowering links, it's a little tall and I can live with that if links will degrade suspension and be a pain. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Put together my new 2017+ Black Widow exhaust and my old Akra muffler.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 DL650
8 Posts
@ThumperVegas -- Looks great.

What side racks are those? They look taller / narrower than most.
And what top case? Looks not too deep, but usefully wide and long.
Hey 3rdof3 - Realize I just bought the bike, and am the 3rd owner. The rack is a Moose Racing rack. I *believe the rack was made for Moose by another company. It's a beefy rack that holds both of the panniers and a top case, with LOTS of room the strap on extra stuff. 2 nice things about that rack are the quick release for the panniers, and a relocation spot for the turn signals to make them more noticable. The top case in the picture is actually a Moose Racing pannier bag that was made by Pelican. With the panniers in their correct side mounting locations, the rear rack and panniers measure 42-inches wide! I've also got a Victory full dresser (Cross Country Tour) that is only 2-inches narrower!

2701 - 2717 of 2717 Posts