Should I?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an K7 Wee ABS on order.
I won't be here until October sometime.
I just found a k4 with 20K miles for $3600.
Would it be dumb to snag it and use it for a trade in a few months?
(Otherwise the garage will be empty for what seems like forever.)

:evil: :roll:

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I'd make sure you could get the $3600 back when when you trade it in. If you can, than go for it. If not, save that money for farkles on the new one, because the only thing better than a Wee Strom, is a Wee Strom with farkles.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Save your money, buy farkles and dream til delivery. I hate to rain on your parade but if you buy the used bike and something costly goes South there is no trade in bike and a homeless New Wee.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I dunno, but that price sounds pretty attractive. All things be equal, I'd strongly consider it. However, only if you plan on reselling it and not trading it in, because that way you'd loose money.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You could always buy the K4 and cancel the order on the K7. $2,500 would buy more farkles that you could reasonably put on your Wee.

P.S. My K4 has 16,000 miles and I would not sell it for a that little bit of money. :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I did it.
Thank you all for your input !
Had an ’07 ABS wee on order but just couldn’t wait until “September or October, or maybe November.”
I found a decent price on a K4 with 20K miles and bought it last night.
I sold my F650GS a couple months ago meaning to get a new K6.
Then I heard about the ABS and really liked the silver gray and decided to wait.
Guess I couldn’t…. the garage was just too empty and the weather’s too beautiful.
My first impression was it was top heavy compared with the F650.
It’s also much higher. I had gotten very used to being able to stand up over the seat at a light. The Corbin seat doesn’t help in that regard - although it is comfortable.
After riding 150 miles or so I’m really beginning to appreciate her.
I took her out for some slow speed practice today and I think we’re going to get along just fine.
Let the farkling begin… :mrgreen:
BTW, did you know that Farkling is the national sport of Moosylvania ?
(according to Wikipedia)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good! I really like that color. If you haven't tried this yet, raise the forks 15mm, and stiffen the rear preload. That really makes the Strom handle like a sport bike.

·
Registered
199 Posts
hmm

I would forget about the 07 and just get the 04 one, The only difference is ABS... a marginal improvement on motercycles, although its more useful the lesss experence you have..

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Re: hmm

IMNSHO ABS is the cats azz on a motorcycle and worth every penny of the extra $500.00 Suzuki is charging for the option.

Swedge said:
The only difference is ABS... a marginal improvement on motercycles, although its more useful the lesss experence you have..

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm with Night Wolf on this one. I've got ABS on my Wing and I'd love to have it on my Liter V.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts