StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short,
i had an '04 Wee from Apr2013 to Sept2014 that i put on it (16,000km = 10,000mi) absolutely trouble-free (gas fill-up and oil change only) but i sold it only because i kinda got bored and was just looking for something different/new :confused:
now i currently have a Ducati Monster and a Honda VFR but i'm looking to unload one of these and buy a Wee .... again!
as i'm mainly looking for something more functional, and commuter-friendly (i dont have a car) , not interested in the Vee as i'm not interested in the extra power (my Monster or VFR have more than enough power for that)
both bikes i currently have are great in back roads/twisties but gets really uncomfortable when hitting the highway for a few hours, though i still managed to get from Halifax,NS to Newry, ME (950km = 590mi) in one day on the Monster but that was nowhere as comfortable as i remember the V-Strom being (i did a 4,000km trip to Boston, NYC and Washington,DC on my Wee before)

now i see a '04 Wee on the market for $3,500CAD ($2,650USD) with 36,000km (23,000mi) on it with centerstand, gel seat, 3 pelican cases and new michelin PR4 tires and seems to be in a fairly good condition.

so, what you guys think? should i pull the trigger?

i know V-Stroms fairly well, so i know the good and bad about it already

·
Registered
603 Posts
well...

Since you asked this of the stromtroopers, the only reply is OH yeah. But this is a biased community.

If the 2K4 is exactly what you want, go for it. If you are willing to spend some extra cash, the newer bikes (even the newer Gen 1 bikes) have some significant upgrades. Check wikipedia for the specific changes over the years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_V-Strom_650

1 - 5 of 5 Posts