StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If buffeting has been the bane of your existence and you don't mind a bit of a breeze, do it.I love my bike again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as soon as i find a spare dl650 2012 screen I will make my own shortly as no one makes one
Ahh ok I take it its not the same screen as the previous model...
I found it on Ebay is called the moose racing screen...maybe if you emailed them they may have a mold for it?

I was previously using the Givi screen and tried every bloody tilt and height adjustment possible and was seeing a difference but nothing was making me happy. Better was good but I bought this bike to do a serious ride next year and don't want to be annoyed and uncomfortable 20 minutes in.

Set like this with this new screen is very windy....but its not kicking my had around like a football. 2 hours today and no headache.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another little alteration.

I was messing around some more and with the screen completely off i get REALLY clean airflow hitting my chest around the sternum upwards - but it looks ugly and I was thinking about how I could fix that.

I reinstalled the stock screen mount in it's lowest position but even with the shorty screen it isn't low enough when mounted in the correct way. Rather than cutting the screen which I do not have the equipment for, I moved the screen downwards so that the two protruding mounting lugs for the beauty plates fit through higher holes on the screen but then of course the screen screw holes are in the wrong position. I could drill new ones, and I may very well do, however rather than risk cracking the plexi ive secured the screen using the beauty plate mounts only.
As they protrude through the screen a little ways, I've used a pair of silicone cups (aka the cut off ends of my pro taper grips which for some reason I kept) to safely put pressure on the screen. It's tight enough and doesn't look TOO bad.

I'll have to cover the holes some other way now, but being a black screen thats not too big a problem now that the beauty plates no longer fit.

Spare parts - madstad brackets, givi screen, beauty plates, most mounting screws :D

As the screen now sits about an inch higher than none at all, airflow now hits me at the top of my chest around the collarbone which still keeps my head free from the turbulence AND is a little more comfortable too. Happy for now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know a guy that could use some of those spare parts if your're getting rid of them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know a guy that could use some of those spare parts if your're getting rid of them.
Will let you know. Reckon I'll keep them for now in case I change my mind and switch back again.I don't think I'll ever use the Givi screen again though that just sucks its useless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts