StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone used the shorty levers available on fleabay from Hong Kong? They're about $25 and adjustable. Curious how well they work.:confused:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Had a set of the long ones on my 07 FZ6 when I had that and they were ok for me. The adjuster on the brake side wound up wearing out pretty quick but wasn't a big deal since I ran it at the lowest setting anyway.

I took it apart and the cam that adjusts the lever had just worn out the ridges after a short time meaning that the lever wouldn't stay and any position but the lowest one. Again this worked ok for mas since I ran it at the lowest setting anyway.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Has anyone used the shorty levers available on fleabay from Hong Kong? They're about $25 and adjustable. Curious how well they work.:confused:
I have a set that were $30 from fleabay. I'd say they are about 2-3 finger length. I like the adjustability and they have been fine for the past 8K miles or so.

The only "issue" I would say is that the bend in the clutch lever was hitting the display finger button thingy on the front of the left control. The remedy was to just lower the clutch lever a little and move it more inwards.

Here's a couple pics I have of them (the first one of the brake lever I had my Barkbuster just hanging down at the time):

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have been using a set for the last several thousand miles. The quality is good for the price. I like the feel better than the stock levers, but had to play around to get the clearance I needed for the clutch lever. When set at the max distance from the grip it feels like it has just enough clearance to fully disengage the clutch. This is on a 2013 650.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i got a set on my strom....i have short fingers and appreciate the compact lever. appear as well made as the pazzo levers i had on my tiger 1050. also, the "copper" ones just about match my fox orange 2012.

·
Registered
189 Posts
No issues with alloy quality, as in bending or breaking? My concern with super el cheapo parts that your life depends on, like brake levers, is that they will fail in a pinch.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
No issues with alloy quality, as in bending or breaking? My concern with super el cheapo parts that your life depends on, like brake levers, is that they will fail in a pinch.
I'm not really concerned with it - especially for daily riding, since I have Barkbusters to protect the levers. Also, when on a long trip, it doesn't take up much more space to carry the stock levers then in my tool tube or under the seat.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I ordered a set. I'll let you know how I like them sometime between the end of March and the first of May.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i had mine in approx 2 weeks....must have caught a boat just leaving port.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So they only took 8 days to get here. Impressive. Quality looks very nice. They don't seem to be glowing in the dark or anything. Quick test ride gives them :thumbup:
They look the same as Zekester's above.
I'll check back in here if there is any change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts