StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting ready to tackle the front fork seals on my 98 Marauder, and I googled a shop manual for that bike. That search brought me to a site called TradeBit.com. I'm wondering if anyone else has purchased books from them before.

I paid about $7 (US) to download a copy of the service and parts manual, which I was hesitant to do, but what the heck... it's seven bucks. I was pleasantly surprised when the download went off without a hitch! The file is obviously a scanned-in copy of the actual manual, and some of the photo illustrations are pretty grainy looking, but the instructions and line drawings are perfect.

So I looked up a manual for the DL650 and they have it. It's about eight or nine dollars. Seems like a great option, but now I'm questioning the legitimacy of the site. Also, the manual they have is listed as 2004 model year. I know the bikes haven't really changed much since then, but would that manual be completely accurate for my 2009?

So friends, what say you on the subject??

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
If it is a scan, you can't search for text. It is not legal if it is a Suzuki manual. Only Suzuki can sell them. Haynes, Clymer etc. are supposedly written by taking the bike apart and putting it back together while documenting each operation. The supplement for 2007 and later models is about 1/3 of the total manual. The are large differences between the 2009 and 2004 models, mostly around the ABS option, emissions piping and electrical.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts