StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Ups winds up cheaper for most stuff if you use one of the discount codes they always have and print your own labels from your own account. FedEx is the most unreliable way to ship ground , it gets there eventually though.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
One other tip. Never ever ship through the ups store. You can drop your pre labelled packages there with no problem. But if you pay them to do the shipping and your package is damaged, they have to file the claim and you need to put them in the middle of the whole mess. Then they get paid and have to pay you.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Good idea.

Also, I'm not sure why exactly but the UPS Store always wants to charge me higher rates for the same shipment.

Twice this year, I took something already packed to a UPS store to get a rate, because I couldn't accurately weigh it at home.

Both times, I got lower rates through my online UPS account. Same weight and package dimensions.
Because the UPS store is a franchise - they are not UPS. They are free to tack on a little extra.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Yes, the "UPS Store" are a mom/pop run business, just linked to UPS.........their rates are always higher than what you see on the UPS Internet Site. And.........the store near me will not accept "Simple Rate" UPS shipments. My UPS Hub is 12 miles away, in city traffic, if I want the internet rates........not worth it.
We have a FedEx Store inside my local Walmart......have always had good luck with them, and their rates will beat USPS on larger items on occasion.
You can get the internet rates by using the internet to login to UPS, print your own label and then drop it off at the UPS store ;)

In general "UPS simple rate" is a higher cost way to ship. Just makes it easy for people who have a hard time weighing/measuring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts