StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put these on Friday. As all the reviews I read suggested, great tires! They really hold a line on pavement. Did a tiny section of dirt and they hooked up nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Haven't tried rear but my front wore out in 4.5k they're great new but don't last

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6790 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
Haven't tried rear but my front wore out in 4.5k they're great new but don't last

Most get double that mileage for the front, I get about 5K out of a rear.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
When I almost got home tire had under 8k and no double center knobs left at that point.. it was done at 4.5k. strangely enough the single center knob had about 75% of the life left go figure.

If you want them to last you need to run high pressure and stop using front brake good luck
Most get double that mileage for the front, I get about 5K out of a rear.

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
When I almost got home tire had under 8k and no double center knobs left at that point.. it was done at 4.5k. strangely enough the single center knob had about 75% of the life left go figure.

If you want them to last you need to run high pressure and stop using front brake good luck

I run higher pressures "unless off pavement" and I don't brake much. :grin2:

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
I will NEVER go to Mexico, so that should help my front tire mileage stay decent. :grin2:

Reactions: Pepe lopez

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I have been to all of US excluding Hawaii and IMHO it's worth the trip.. especially this time of the year; not that many places you can ride in CONUS.

Back to tires: they are good tires except the longevity aspect wish someone would reinforce center to make them last the trip
Nah there is way too much of the beautiful US that I have yet to explore, plus I'm not a fan of Mexico for anything beyond some of their food.
And yeah eating Mexican food for 6 weeks sucks even if you like it

·
Registered
249 Posts
My buddy has them on his Africa Twin. He just told me he has "4535 miles on the pair. The front still has some life left, the rear is not exactly bald but close"

·
Registered
319 Posts
5k is about what I've gotten. I really don't like the front that much I change them at the same time because the front is normally cupped and choppy, great to for the money as long as your putting them on yourself. The 805 is definitely my go to rear. It's about the best tire I've ridden in the sand even with the occasional loose rear affect of the tread design.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's really bad in paper thin layer of mud as lack of vertical groves provide no side stability.
Yeah I'm not really a mud guy and I'm always down for a little rear wheel side action. For my average ride and even the area's I've gone for rallies the 805 has always given me more than I've asked for. To each their own I haven't had the best of luck with continuous center tread rears the paddle suites me better.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I should add my aforementioned buddy with the Honda AT wore out the stock tires, then Motoz Tractionator, then Shinko 804/805's. His winter project is a 2nd set of Shinkos

·
Registered
9 Posts
That Shinko rear set up a weird vibration on my 06 VStrom between 30 and 40 mph. So after 500 miles I replaced it and problem solved. Course I had a new chain/sprockets done at the same time...could have been a synergy between them I suppose.....The Shinko is great on VT dirt roads though.

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
That Shinko rear set up a weird vibration on my 06 VStrom between 30 and 40 mph. So after 500 miles I replaced it and problem solved. Course I had a new chain/sprockets done at the same time...could have been a synergy between them I suppose.....The Shinko is great on VT dirt roads though.

Strange, had zero vibes of any kind in my experience with them., you replace with the same or something else?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Most likely chain; uneven stretch/roller wear or stiff link would do it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts