StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some new shoes today; Shinko 705's. I live at the end of a mile of gravel drive and spend lots of time on gravel and secondary roads, but still spend a lot of time on the highway so I was looking for a 80/20 tire and thought that these seemed to be the best fit for my needs. I'm only about 50 miles in, but I like them so far.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just tried the Shinko 705s for the first time on my '14 Vee2. I haven't put many off-pavement miles on them, but they do very well on pavement for an 80/20 tire. I think they're a great ADV tire.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You'll like them. They're more of a 70/30 tire than an 80 20. There's no real direct comparison to the tread pattern on these.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Very popular around here, I see then all the time on ADV bikes and Dual Sports. People seem to hate them or love them. I like them as a true all around dirt road and pavement tire. I've run a few sets of the 705's on two of my bikes. My front is getting rough and noisy now, but its hard to beat on the rough chert, gravel and chip seal roads around here. They bite fairly well on dirt aired down a little.

·
Administrator
17,352 Posts
Not much hate towards them.....enjoy

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I'm glad you are liking them. That's what I planned on replacing the OEM tires with once worn out. I have 705s on my dual sport for street use and I like them very much.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I've been running 705's for while now on both bikes. The fronts last 12+ miles and the rears 5-6K.
That's been mostly my experience as well but with closer to or over 8000 miles on the rear.

Reactions: panelfmedia

·
Registered
387 Posts
Maybe do the 705s after I burn off my Tourance Next tires. The Nexts are awesome street tires. Looking to get the Enduro Guardian skid plate and more aggressive tires for getting off-road more often. Lolo Motorway is calling me! :smile2:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I just installed my first set of 705s Friday. Put about 150 miles on them amd I have to say they are very stable but very noisy. I went bias front and radial rear. I'm wondering about the front solo riding everything seems pretty good but, 2 up I get a good bit of oscillation up and down not really sure if it's just there solo but I don't feel it or what. I thought at first it could have been the rear but it's not really in the seat more the bars. The balance feels good, the bars don't shake when I hover my hands over them. Anyways I may order a radial front if it's doesn't change by moving the tire.

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Nothing wrong, indeed. Among the fellers I ride with there is a lot o complaining about the price of tires and tire wear.
Some of them are boy racers and some do track for fun. The track guys tend to get better mileage on the street bikes because of better throttle control.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Downs, you must have a very delicate throttle wrist!
Maybe? On commuting duty I dont' ride like I'm racing. Same for most on road use. I don't ride like my hair is on fire but on a twisty road my back tire will see full throttle application every now and then. Just not abruptly. I'm smooth with my throttle inputs going both on and off throttle.

Reactions: notacop

·
Registered
360 Posts
i have about 1500 miles on my first pair. I REALLY like them. I live about 1.5 miles off the pavement on a gravel road. These things hook up surprisingly well on dirt/gravel roads. I recently did a 1000 mile trip to Yellowstone and back. They railed comers about as good as I could push em.Very thin chicken strips if you know what I mean! Very little wear! Got mine for $160 delivered locally.Wont be my last pair. For the price Im sold!:wink2:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was happy with the 705's too till they hit the 3k mile range. They started to sing so loudly that even with earplugs the noise wasn't acceptable. Never again.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts