StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just received a rear 705 from dualsportoutlet.com today (ordered Sunday). Not sure if they had any front 705s in stock. -Tim

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just received a rear 705 from dualsportoutlet.com today (ordered Sunday). Not sure if they had any front 705s in stock. -Tim
Thanks. They are out of fronts. Nobody seems to have front tires. Late June at the earliest. I need both, so guess I'll get something else.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help locating these tires. I ordered the front from Chaparal, and the rear from Dualsport outlet.com. Had to pay shipping both times, but better than waiting for who knows how long. Worth the extra $18 when threads are showing.:yikes:

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
This time of year I'm too busy to check in daily so sorry for delayed posts. It is my understanding that any Shinko 705's available now are the old bias ply compound manufactured in 2009. The new radial 705's have not shipped yet and are not expected state side before June. The radial will have 150/70R17 printed on the side, the bias would not have an R in the sizing code.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saw a letter posted on ADVrider from shinko. They have no plans for a radial, at the moment. Will be interesting to see if the ones that arrive in June will be Radials. I think all the defective ones were replaced? Hopefully. Anyway, I couldn't wait until late June. I can see the air in what I'm runnin now. Anyway to tell if the ones I recieve are the defective ones? Production codes etc?

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
Anything made in 2008 or 2009 could be a problem. Look for the 4 digit manufactuer date on the sidewall. The first 2 are the week, the last two the year. I.E. 3309 is 33rd week of 2009.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anyone know where to buy the old Shinko rear tire

I just bought front and rear tires from Chaparral. I received the front, but the rear is backordered and as others have said, it will be June before it is in stock and it will be a radial then.

So does anyone know where I can find an old (bias) Shinko 705 rear tire. Dualsportsoutlet is showing it out of stock now.

David

·
Registered
69 Posts
Found a rear at Cedar Rapids Tire

I found a rear tire at Cedar Rapids Tire. Thanks Advrider!!! They have a few more in stock. None are available at the distributor.

David

·
Registered
7,437 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
They had the front., said the other was back ordered, no guess as to when.
Wow...chaparral ran out quick. I just had a front and rear put on my doorstep from them on Friday the 23rd.

Guess that I was lucky to get them when I did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chaparral motorsports has the fronts still available for the we-strom.
Has anyone run the bias on the rear and the radial on the front?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts