StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with one, or both of these tires. I'm not sure how well the Turkish Anlas's are distributed in the States yet, but in BC, at least, they're very competitively priced, compared to, say, the higher priced Tourance. The Shinkos look like they're great bang for the buck, but the Anlas's appear to be more state of the art, with their silica enriched compound, and slightly higher speed rating.
I'm currently running lightly used Pilot Road Trail's, which are wonderful road tires, but my reason for looking at these two, is to be able to take on some light FSR/gravel miles, maybe 10-20% max. (total off pavement newbie)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Btw, my ride is a 2009 Wee.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I've never heard of the Turkish brand, but I've used 705's on my last two tire changes, and I'm plenty happy with them. I'll continue to use them.

You'll find a lot of fans on here of the Shinkos (and some detractors). I've heard a lot of the standard complaints about Shinkos (excessive noise/vibration, poor performance on wet roads, delamination) and haven't experienced any of them. I've had them on interstate highways, dirt roads, and gravel, and think they perform very well.

In the states, Shinkos are about $84.00 for a rear. It's got to be tough to beat that price and still maintain quality.

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
My latest delivery of a Shinko was 103.97 buckos. I'm hoping to get 6K out of the one that has 4853 miles on it now.
Some folks with a gentle wrist get higher mileage.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
The 705 is a great gravel/light dirt tire, maybe one of the best compromise tires I've ever put on a big bike, it's even decent in sand/mud if you're aired down. I stopped futzing around with other tires because it just works for 95% of the riding I do and is so inexpensive nothing else is worth gambling on.

So, there's my suggestion.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm figuring that the Anlas tires aren't in the States yet, but they've been in Europe, and elsewhere, with positive feedback. Here's a link to their X & R versions. The X is their Enduro, and the R is street oriented, for light off road. I think the R is speed rated to about 250kmh.

·
Administrator
17,395 Posts
Shinko 705.......better than they should be and so cheap!!

·
Registered
7,442 Posts

·
Administrator
17,395 Posts
Looks a helluva lot like a slightly more aggressive Battlewing.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I also ride an 09 wee. I have about 1100 miles on my 705s. Bike had Tourance on it when I bought it and they were already squared off. I'm absolutely loving the 705s. I had them in deep sand they did ok. On hard pack they are great. Crazy they are even good for me on wet asphalt. If I get any where close to 6k out of a rear I'll never go with another tire...... Well I'm eyeing the Mitas E07 but that'll have to be when I get extra$$ to burn.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I've got a set of 705's on the way from Revzilla. I've got about 8,300 miles on the stock Trailwings and the rear is just about done (squared off completely). The stock front has some life left but I'm going to change the pair when the time comes.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've used 2 Shinko tires in my motorcycling. One delaminated within 25 miles the other lasted about 3000 miles. I now ride Bridgestone BT023's, a full street tire. Cost about $100 for the rear and at 3500 miles, over half tread remains. I don't ride any sand or trail so I have no interest in off road traction. I'm more about set and dry handling. My greatest concern is wet safety and I just didn't get much traction from the Shinko in wet. As far as cost goes, tires are an area I do not skimp. The pain of a fall or skid just isn't worth a few bucks spread out over thousands of miles.

·
Administrator
17,395 Posts
I've used 2 Shinko tires in my motorcycling. One delaminated within 25 miles the other lasted about 3000 miles. I now ride Bridgestone BT023's, a full street tire. Cost about $100 for the rear and at 3500 miles, over half tread remains. I don't ride any sand or trail so I have no interest in off road traction. I'm more about set and dry handling. My greatest concern is wet safety and I just didn't get much traction from the Shinko in wet. As far as cost goes, tires are an area I do not skimp. The pain of a fall or skid just isn't worth a few bucks spread out over thousands of miles.
You have experienced issues that the majority have not with the 705, and even expensive tires fail as well. :fineprint:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I see that this posting has been moved. Sorry about that, I missed this forum when first posting. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts