StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
2,014 Posts
I haven't run the 700's, they're a little narrow for my taste (it's a 130/17), but I have used the 244's on my thumpers and they're a great tire for the $$. Wear well and do good in everything but slop.

· Premium Member
4,425 Posts
Lot of threads on the 705's lately. In looking at the Shinko line I see a "new" 700 tire which is more aggressive and comes in a tubeless in the 5.10/17. Anyone tried one of these?

I'm also curious about the 244's for my DR650. Again, anyone with experience?

I found this KLR thread on the 700:

Looking for testimony Shinko 700 dual sport tires - KLR650.NET - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!

Thanks.
I don't think the 700 is "new". I think it's been around for a few years now.

Like most everything, you'll find good and bad written about it on the internet. I think most average joe reviews are either someone bitching about something they had a problem with or praising something they spent too much money on, to justify the extravagance.

The best bet is to use your best judgement for what's right for you then buy 'em and try 'em.

I've been looking at a set for my DR as well but, with the sale at Motorcycle Superstore, you can buy Michelin T63's for not a whole lot more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.