StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my '05 V-Strom used about a month ago. I just took it out to the Dennys burger run. On the way back, we hit some 100+ areas. It shakes it's head pretty hard above a 100. Is this normal for the V-Strom? I was riding a BMW K12GT till last year, and no shake all the way up to 150.

She does have..
Givi E41 side cases.. (no top case)
Laminar lip on stock screen in middle position..
New Metzler tourances installed the day before the trip by dealer..(could this be it?)

So, since i didn't have this since new, I don't know if this is normal?

Alex

·
Registered
142 Posts
There have been some reports of tourance fronts having a shake or wobble, I don't know if it was at high speeds or what, I run a tourance rear, but a metzler detour front.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I get a shake up there as well. Steering head bearings adjusted, tried adjusting the suspension as suggested on VSRI but all to no avail. I'm running the Avon Distanzia up front but I have no idea what's going on, I just try to keep it to speeds that are more...legal.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Not normal, at least for my bike - Givi E36 bags, 12" over stock CB shield on my '02 Strom, original head bearings. Solid up to an indicated 200+ km/h (125 mph)

·
Registered
48 Posts
No shake on my BLUE '07 V up to 130, (indicated). Bike is baby stock, (except for removing the hand guards during warmer weather). Well, except for the slight wobble I gave it when my buddy passed me!!:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts