StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Take out #36 and pull #27 off #18. Put it back offset one spline clockwise. Loosen lock nuts #37 and #34(left hand thread). Rotate #29 to fine tune the position and tighten the lock nuts.

The rear brake is not as adjustable. If you have the Richland Rick peg lowering kit, it will include a spacer. Otherwise, you will be forever pigeon toed and either have a too high pedal or have to do surgery on the master cylinder pushrod #5 in the last fiche.

·
Registered
672 Posts
When I needed to changed mine as a result of my peg lowering kit, I put a mark on the shift mechanism so that I could return it to stock or know when I had moved it one spline. Simple and quick process as outlined by Pat. For the amount of adjustment I needed/wanted, in retrospect I did not need to move the mechanism one spline, there was enough adjustablity in the adjuster to work for me. I tried it both ways because it was such an easy and fast thing to do.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, all. I was putting it back on with the elbow low and forward instead of high and back. Really don't feel any need for further adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
74 Posts
just did a little shift lever adjustments myself - - the only thing i found tricky was keeping the whole linkage stable when trying to loosen/tighten the jamb nuts 34 & 37.

Used some needle-nose vise grips to grab onto linkage above top nut and below bottom nut. One have one pair of needle-nose vise gribs though; two would have made it easier . . . had to work the rubber housing out of the way a bit . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts