StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi sorry if this has been answered before but I'm new and just bought a Vstrom 650 (yr 2014) I also had to buy all safety gear and the boots I got have a hard time getting under shifting lever is there a way to move that as I didn't see it in the owners manuel.
Thanks,
J

·
Registered
445 Posts
To quote Greywolf: "Google is your friend"

There are some differences between models but the procedure is the same so I'll use this example. Loosen the lock nuts at #34 and #37. Check the threads because one of those nuts has a left hand thread. It turns the opposite direction of a typical nut to loosen. Once loose, turn the adjuster #29 to change the pedal height. Then tighten the nuts.

Think that #37 is left-threaded...

Reactions: Motor7

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great I was just going to type I found it as I found the same post that you put up for me K9 Wee. Thanks a bunch for you help I do appreciate it.
J

·
Registered
445 Posts
No problem. Welcome to the nuthouse and congrats on the new ride!

·
Premium Member
4,421 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, they are both 10mm. You may want to put a dab or two of silicone sealant/caulk next to each nut after you are satisfied with the adjustment. I had mine unknowingly loosen up and went to downshift coming off the Interstate and nothing there. Pucker time! Fortunately all parts were there just dangling.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wanted to bring my shifter angle down, but my adjusting rod was about to the end of its adjustment range, so I rotated item 27 one spline and then adjusted it from there. On a lot of motorcycles, there's a dot punched in on the shifter shaft to line up with the gap on item 27. My K6 Vee didn't have that punch mark.

·
Registered
301 Posts
You need a 10mm wrench. Pop the nuts and run them all the way to the middle, give the spindle a few turns, climb on, and (wearing boots) check the fit. You will be off and on a few times to find the Goldilocks spot. Once you have found the best position, hold the center spindle and spin each lock nut out until it hits the stop. Snug both nuts with the 10mm.

Should your feet be size ten or larger, see Rick at ADVTech for a peg lowering kit with shifter relocation. As a 6'1 guy with long legs and an 11EE boot, Rick's little kit is magic. The peg-to-butt distance matches the '04-11 650 (comfy!) and the toe tab on the shifter is exactly on my toe. I can shift up or down with my heel on the peg, by rotating my toe around the toe tab on the shifter. As it should be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts