StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Can't see any reason why it would be a problem as long as it tightens up the same. Also it won't drop off if it ever comes loose.

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts
What Willie said. The clamp is only threaded in the bottom half of the hole. Otherwise it will not grip on the splines.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Left like that, it is possible that it will spread and slip under hard use, or could even crack and break off.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
uhh, it is friday.

uhh, I did mount some new tires tonight and am now celebrating that little victory with craft beer number 3.

uhh, there aint no nut.

there is only a bolt and it went through the open hole, threaded into the side where the threads are and clamped the clamp thingy. The only way to have the bolt on the bottom would be to remove the bolt, remove the arm, rotate the arm, put the pivot like it belongs to make the rod thingy straight, then the bolt thingy would go in from the bottom.

(Edited for a moment of clarity between beers 3 and 4.)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
You better fix this....I think.

When you click down you will be in second.....then the bike will lug and take off. then if you wind out second you will lift up on the lever and hit first......which might get exciting.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The arm is on properly, but the way you have the bolt will not tighten on the shift shaft and will either strip the splines on either the shaft, arm, or both. The bolt is doing nothing at this point so put the bolt back in from the bottom...

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
The arm is on properly, but the way you have the bolt will not tighten on the shift shaft and will either strip the splines on either the shaft, arm, or both. The bolt is doing nothing at this point so put the bolt back in from the bottom...
Well I be damned, and I am embarrassed.:surprise:

I was looking at my 1000. The arm rotates the opposite direction from a 650 on the 1000.

Who? is absolutely correct, put the bolt in the other way. About all I had right was there is no nut. Back to beer drinking and no more mechanical advice from me tonight.....I promise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts