StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some dual sport boots from Bike Bandit last week. Shipped them back because I couldn't get the big toe area under the foot shifter w/o changing its position. Returned them to Bike Bandit .Didn't take out the tags, just walked into my garage to try it on my V Strom before deciding to try a different boot. Paid $ 17 to ship them back:thumbdown:. Well, they arrived on my doorstep again this afternoon. They say the boots show signs of wear and the box that they came in is damaged. I talked to them about that being the dumbest thing I have heard in a while. I wont be buying ANYTHING !! from them EVER again !!
Now I feel better. Thanks for letting me vent.

Ok. Now I have to sell the boots or adjust to them. I mostly wear street boots when I ride. I dont want to be changing the foot lever all the time.

I was thinking about taking some of the toe shield off or something like that.

Someone else here must have come across this problem before. What did you guys do ? (other than get another pair or boots:confused:)

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
The lever height is adjustable.

There's a small wheel in the middle of the linkage and a couple of lock nuts.

Be careful - one is reverse thread.

Pete

·
Off Wee-ing in the woods
676 Posts
Find a position that works for both boots and adapt to it. Also most of the time I end up shifting with the inside edge of my mx boot instead of the toe.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Returning Boots

I have to sell a new pair of boots for the same reason. I called the vendor (Competition Accessories) in hopes of returning them even though I had ridden in them once. They explained that they could not take them back at all but offered a 10% discount on a new pair. I imagine that your boots might have looked the same as mine. We should have each wiped the soles clean and returned them. Stinks that you paid to ship them back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts