StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang. I bought a 06 new in 06 and sold it in I think 2008. I have had about 10 bikes and keep remembering my Strom. I think I've had the most fun on that bike than any other logging about 20k in 10 months.

So fast forward to 2015. I just sold my Boxxer GS and have a nice wr set up, but I'm feeling claustrophobic and began browsing craigslist.

I saw what appears to be a nice 2004 650 with low miles for 3500.00

I think I want to buy it, do 04s have known issues.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome back!

I am not aware of any unique issues with 2004 Wees, besides not coming in red. :grin2:

Remember to ask the standard questions about past maintenance on the bike. Valve check, Forks, Chain, Sprockets, Bearings, etc.

·
Registered
603 Posts
model changes

One thing to consider is several changes that occurred over the years. The following wiki link provides the feature changes in each iteration. For me, I would be willing to spend a bit more for an 08 for the increased electrical output. you may find a different feature more valuable, you may not care. Either way, good luck on your search.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_V-Strom_650

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
My 04 hasn't had a lick of good maint other than oil and tires for 75 K miles and it's seems happy enough. Great mileage and pleasurable riding.
I swear these things thrive on neglect...until they die!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
On the K4 Wee, besides what has been listed before, also be on the lookout for perished hoses and check around the water pump housing area for corrosion / leaks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts