StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Warhammer started off with his shark teeth.
I had been thinking along the same lines.
Let me start off by saying that I do own my own sign company,
I own a large format solvent printer that allows me to do my own graphics.
I was considering producing graphics for V-Stroms, I thought of
starting off with a few designs and seeing how they would fair.
It would not be a pre-order, but a, you order, I ship.
Let me kow what you like, or something else you would like to see.
All designs could be done in high performance 3M Vinyl, or 3M reflective

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a yellow wee. How about a bad-ass looking bumble-bee!! I am sure other yellow stromers out there would be interested in that decal!

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What would you think of something like this?
We have the Wee-Strom, the Vee-Strom and the all new BEE-Strom

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
What would you think of something like this?
We have the Wee-Strom, the Vee-Strom and the all new BEE-Strom
That bee is bad-ass!! I personally like the factory stripe on my bike and would rather incorporate the bee with the factory graphic. I think it would fit nice with the factory decal. I would take 2, with the other being a mirror image. Any other yellow wee owners be interested in these??

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I like the, wait for it, wolf. I wonder about my ability do do a good job with a large sticker though. I'm good with the mechanical stuff, not so much the artistic.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have a blue DL650, and I really like the wolf design. Can you mock that one up?

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One blue V with wolf

Attachments

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Cool. How about an '07 or '09 Oort gray one.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the, wait for it, wolf. I wonder about my ability do do a good job with a large sticker though. I'm good with the mechanical stuff, not so much the artistic.
The material I use is not hard to apply, it does take some skill to lay down a 4'x10' sheet on a compound curve. But small stuff like this is not too bad depending on how much of the tank is covered.
The air release material 3M makes does make install much better, you can lay it on the tank and as long as it is not to hot and you dont press on it you can lift it back up and reposition

I was thinking of doing a install video to kind of show how it would be done.
I might get to that in the next day or two...

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
One blue V with wolf
Looks pretty good.....I would want it with the wolf's eye blue in color, and some sharper contrast on the wolf's fur to make it really pop. My best friend is a Husky with blue eyes....this is my reason for wanting the wolf decals.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Question

How about having the teeth fit the natural lines of the side of the bike. Not very artistic, but looking at Warhammers teeth, they seem to fit and not fold over the curves. Something like that and I would be interested. What about rough pricing for reflective and non-reflective. And rough sizing of the decals?

Robert

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks pretty good.....I would want it with the wolf's eye blue in color, and some sharper contrast on the wolf's fur to make it really pop. My best friend is a Husky with blue eyes....this is my reason for wanting the wolf decals.
changing the eye color to blue is easy, I'm not sure what you mean by more contrast, If you mean lighting up the dark gray that is easy as well.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How about having the teeth fit the natural lines of the side of the bike. Not very artistic, but looking at Warhammers teeth, they seem to fit and not fold over the curves. Something like that and I would be interested. What about rough pricing for reflective and non-reflective. And rough sizing of the decals?

Robert
I'll have to see about fitting, the design of the wolf may or may not allow for that.

Pricing would be about $100 for non reflective, $150 for reflective.
This printed is using 3Ms best stuff, and laminated with 3Ms best.
I'm sure you think this is a bit high but I assure you I am not making much on this deal if any, once you figure materials, buying any art work needed, and design time to figure how to get it to fit well.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
how about flames. i want flames for my Black DL1K.

P.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
what kind of flames? Tribal? low rider ( standard) or real photo style?
???

i don't know. the flames you see like on cars. they start at the nose and flame back. you know, flames.

P.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it would depend, on reflective or non.
smaller non-reflective like the shark teeth $80, larger reflective (wolf)would be close to $150.
Smaller stuff like the Bee made to fit under stock design maybe $35 /set.

See also post #15

1 - 20 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.