Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

If this helps anyone, great!

LED headlights

Fork brace

Madstad windshield

Tire pressure Monitor
CAREUD Wireless Motorcycle TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System Digital LCD with Two External/Internal Sensors Easy to install

Delkevic Exhaust

Piezo buzzer
Any hardware/electronics store

LED lead lights
Auxiliary Lights for BMW Motorcycle 40W 6000K Spot Driving Fog Lamps For BMW R1200GS F800GS F700GS F650 K1600

Air compressor horns

Oxford Heaterz

Sit and fly seat

Shinko 705

Led strips

Brake modulator

Handlebar riser

Taper handlebar atv mid
https://bit.ly/3sVpX6k

Relay box

Cellphone mirror extender

Mirror extenders

Vstrom chain guard

Radiator guard

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
TIL: I never knew where "farkle" came from. Great video. One question that I have is that with the tire pressure monitor how many PSI jump do you see going from cold to hot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TIL: I never knew where "farkle" came from. Great video. One question that I have is that with the tire pressure monitor how many PSI jump do you see going from cold to hot.
I'm happy you asked! It's crazy to see it go up and down with the heat of the tires. The rear gets up to 45 psi and front 39. Cold they go back down to 36 and 33 respectively.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just watched your video, thanks for sharing. Can you post a picture of the back of your led lights? Interested in the fans, wiring etc.
Do you have a skid plate? I went to get one but am concerned with possible interference with the Delkevic exhaust. Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just watched your video, thanks for sharing. Can you post a picture of the back of your led lights? Interested in the fans, wiring etc.
Do you have a skid plate? I went to get one but am concerned with possible interference with the Delkevic exhaust. Thanks!
Not sure what you mean by the fans. I just connected the LED strips to the always on brake line wire.
As for skid plate, I still can't find one that is compatible with delkevic exhaust unfortunately.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I meant led headlights. For the skid plate have you tried a Givi? I’m thinking that one might work because it doesn’t go too far back and perhaps the crossover pipe might clear it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I meant led headlights. For the skid plate have you tried a Givi? I’m thinking that one might work because it doesn’t go too far back and perhaps the crossover pipe might clear it.
Oh yeah? I'll look into it. The led lights and fans are sticking out with the rubber boots inverted.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
I followed the link for the horns and thought it was thrown in as a joke to see if anyone would notice. Then I watched the video. Sounds like a truck, indeed!

As a fan of loud horns...love it. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
V-Strom 650 XT 2021 Euro5, Yamaha 2007 XMax 250 Euro3
57 Posts
thanks interesting setup and video

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I followed the link for the horns and thought it was thrown in as a joke to see if anyone would notice. Then I watched the video. Sounds like a truck, indeed!

As a fan of loud horns...love it. Thanks for sharing!
I started with a stebel horn then it failed so I got some trumpets and a compressor and hid them within the bike. Most drivers are safe and I don't use it as much unless I get dangerously cut off

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can someone point me to the sit & fly option that will work for a 2012? Unsure why, but that site said 2013+... just want to make sure I get the correct one. This looks like exactly what I wanted, a cheap option to lift me slightly and get some air flow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can someone point me to the sit & fly option that will work for a 2012? Unsure why, but that site said 2013+... just want to make sure I get the correct one. This looks like exactly what I wanted, a cheap option to lift me slightly and get some air flow.
Try here C$ 24.54 21%OFF | Mesh Seat Cover Cushion Pad Guard Insulation Breathable Sun-proof Net for SUZUKI V-Strom 650 250 VSTROM650 DL650 DL250 DL1000

If not you can message the eBay seller and ask for a dimension check. I'm pretty sure all 650 are compatible as there is room for adjustment. I find the seat extremely comfortable and long lasting.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you so much man... for < $20 thats a solid option. Will keep exploring some to see if I can get it before around 4 weeks from now though. If no luck soon, may just order this. Appreciate your finding/linking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here is the mentioned skid plate on my bike works well and looks good. Though I haven’t attempted adding a new exhaust yet I’m thinking the black widow or arrow

·
Registered
165 Posts
Awesome addition of the buzzer for the turn signals. I'm guessing not too loud / distracting to other motorists while at regular intersections? I also really liked the storage tube under the left pannier. Do you have a link for yours? Great work.

I’m thinking the black widow or arrow
I'm thinking of both of these for mine as well. Good throaty sound at idle. My skidplate is Ravetech; will have to research known issues with full systems. Do most aftermarket exhausts interfere with skidplates? Seems everyone is always worried about compatability (which I get) but is there ever really an issue?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have this Stebel Nautilus horn on my ‘13 wee. I’ve used these horns on several of my cars and found them to be a good value and very loud. Need to wire in a separate relay since it draws about 18 amps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts