StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a Madstad bracket and have been trying to fine tune it. I'm interested to know how others have their bracket set. How tall are you and what shield are you using? Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I think i have heard everything but this setting but its the only one that works well for me. I am 6'3 and with both the stock screen and the givi shield set up tall, I have to lay the screen all the way back. It make the bike look a bit like a scooter from the front but it does the trick. J.R.

·
Registered
110 Posts
In heat...full down and full tilt.
fer protection I set it full up and forward and tilt back to the point twhere I can see over the screen. I have the brackets set on the highest position. I am 5-7 w/ 28in inseam.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Highest setting, about halfway back tilt seems to work for me. The forward positions made way too much buffeting and back pressure. Of course, I changed the settings at a complete stop, just like the rest of you. ;)

I'm 6'1" with a Windstrom shield.

loblo

·
Registered
21 Posts
5'11" with a Givi screen. Madstad is about almost all the way up and almost tilted all the way back. Good luck..

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I reinstalled the stock shield (the bike had the OEM tall shield on when I bought it) and set the brackets to the ones recommended in the installation instructions -- I'm pretty happy now.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,039 Posts
Givi shield, MadStad mounted in the lowest position, shield all the way down and back 2/3 of the way. I'm 5' 11".

·
Registered
327 Posts
i am 6'2" and i have the stock sheild on an '07 vee. I have the bracket mounted on the highest mounting points, set all the way up and about 2/3rds the way back. good to go up to about 90mph, then its bad, and that just serves to remind me to slow down. by the way, first mod and well worth the money. The man who makes them hand delivered it to me and told me i'd be happy. He was right.
When i first mounted it, I took off and rode a few miles, getting the bike up to speed and then pulling over, adjusting and repeating. took me about 5 or 6 tries to find the right setting. But, like i said, well worth the time/money.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Only 3 attempts

Stock screen , middle setting as per instructions.

Tilt angle about 2/3rds back.

Rider 5' 11'' tall.

Subtle and deceptive increase in cruising speed due to smooth ride.

150KPH feels like 70 KPH. ( honestly, officer)

·
Administrator
13,361 Posts
On my 06 650 with the stock seat and shield I originally had it in the middle height all the way back and was quite happy. Since I got my Corbin seat I have actually lowered the Madstad all the way down and left it angled all the way back. I think my height at 6'2" combined with the added height of the Corbin has made me get into the turbulent area and lowering the windshield seems to have taken me above it into smoother air. I have a GIVI windshield on order for more protection but right now it is quite acceptable to me.

..Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts