StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New and old compared. Yeah, the dirty one was put in clean at 15,000 miles. I remember how clean and white it was, like the next one im about to drop in. I now have 32,000 miles and I just got it out today. That's 17,000 miles on that filter. Amazing how much dirt and bugs it filtered out. I should start an insect collection
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Thanks for posting the photo. I've grown accustomed to changing my car & truck air filters infrequently because it seems they're rather clean when I remove them.

Maybe air filters on bikes do a lot more work. Sure looks like it from your photo. I'll have to move air filter change up on the list of maintenance tasks to take care of on my Wee (now at ~17,000 miles).

·
Registered
25 Posts
air filter

After seeing that filter, I remembered that my 3/4 helmet has no air filter.
I wonder what I've been inhaling.:yikes:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
You don't inhale nearly as much air as the engine does.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think I had about double the bugs the first time I changed the air filter. I cannot believe how many and how large get sucked in there.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You don't inhale nearly as much air as the engine does.
Politicians on the other hand can exhale five times more* hot air than a coal fired power station.

*volume may vary with election season

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, i got the new filter in. New plugs also and checked the TBS, it's still good. Took the bike out for a run and it feels better. Stronger, crisper throttle response.
No, i barely ride off road. A few gravel roads in Chester County PA, that's it. I do ride a lot of asphalt backroads and during bug season, obviously.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Politicians on the other hand can exhale five times more* hot air than a coal fired power station.

*volume may vary with election season
I always thought Chicago was called the windy city because of wind blowing through it. Nope, it got its name because of politicians talking a lot. How 'bout that?

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
DIY beats the cost

It is easy and kinda funky to make a Chevrolet air filter fit your Strom.

I have done it several times, and probably posted redundant explanations.

When the dealer charges about $50 for a hunk of paper encased in plastic,
you can bet clever people find a way to beat the cost under a sawbuck.

My Wee-Strom has carried me reliably over 76000 miles, and almost
all of that involved breathing through a DIY air filter. Give it a try
if you wish.

Keith

·
Registered
565 Posts
It is easy and kinda funky to make a Chevrolet air filter fit your Strom.

I have done it several times, and probably posted redundant explanations.

Keith
I've used a Fram to make a replacement but haven't seen your Chevy posts, Keith. I'm getting nothing on a search. Will you pls post a link?

thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone know if K&N makes a reusable air filter for these bikes?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats why I run the K&N. Yes they are $50 bucks but that the last one I will ever buy. Just clean re-oil and reinstall

1 - 14 of 14 Posts