StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Anyone using the shad comfort seat? They are reduced in price here in the uk and I was wondering if its more comfy the the standard oe. I had my first long run of the year at the weekend and the one problem I had with the veek last year reared its ugly head, sore tail bone after 100 miles. I already have ricks footrest lowering plates.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I seen on the other seat thread that the early shad seats r not so good shape wise. Maybe its these ones that are reduced here in Europe. My tail bone was sore for three days after my weekend run. I know a Sargent or corbin would work but their nearly twice the price of the shad

·
Registered
630 Posts
I seen on the other seat thread that the early shad seats r not so good shape wise. Maybe its these ones that are reduced here in Europe. My tail bone was sore for three days after my weekend run. I know a Sargent or corbin would work but their nearly twice the price of the shad
Sargent has always been my go to seat, but if you want to save cash and the stocker sounds like it's definitely out, find a custom seat maker that will use your OE pan and cover (possibly) and redo the foam.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
5,422 Posts
Sargents are good. I had one for many years on my Wee.

I'm using a second Shad seat now and it is fine. The first was one of two sent to the US for evaluation. It went back to Spain.

The second one is the production version and it is as comfortable a seat as most would want on a V-Strom. With riding pants you can ride for several days without fatigue. In jeans you can ride most of the day in good comfort, but you will feel a little fatigue after about 6 hours or so. For comparison I would be hanging a butt cheek off the stock seat for relief after about three hours.

Your experience may vary.

I'm hoping to finally see some other Vee2s at the eastern gathering this year and let some others try it.

So what did they lower the price to?

There is a seat here from California that sounds pretty interesting too. You get the foam and cover and put it on the stock seat pan. Much more cost effective than buying a hole new seat, but I don't know much about it myself.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks. Where I am in the uk no one I know recovers seats. I'd have to send to England and wait and the sun has just come out here after a long wet winter!
The shad normal is £250, now £190 but a Sargent is £350 here!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
There is a seat here from California that sounds pretty interesting too. You get the foam and cover and put it on the stock seat pan. Much more cost effective than buying a hole new seat, but I don't know much about it myself.
I got one for my drz, very easy to install and a lot more comfortable then the stock seat.

I'm really happy with the Vstrom seat, though I wouldn't mind a tall seat version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts