StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I finally got my bags in today From Shad. They are detachable from the mounting
frame with just the turn of the key in the lid lock. A release latch under the lid allows the bags
to be removed in Seconds. These are the smaller bags the next size up was a 35.
I have 2 smaller soft bags as well so my storage capacity just went way up.
Now carrying enough goods for a day trip is a breeze.
I will be installing these this weekend so pics will follow. Hope all goes well.

Some things to think about though.

Instructions are very basic. Just images no script! Hardware for Euro models and American! must select from list.
The cost for my set of bags with shipping was $392. And they are ABS plastic not fiberglass. But seem strong and light weight.

Shipping from the Miami Warehouse was a joke. Ordered on the 17th asked that they hold them until I got back in town on
Monday this week. Finally they shipped last night at 9 PM. Came in today ( central Florida) After repeated attempts
to get them to cut the order loose. I had tracking data on the 19th saying they had shipped. But were in fact still on hold.
I finally had to threaten to cancel the order to get them to finally get the stuff on a UPS truck.:furious::confused:
I hope the installation does not give me problems ,but will post any in my write up if they do pop up.

jake RestoRides MotorSports

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had problems ordering directly from Shad as well. I ordered from them because the distributors (RevZilla and Twisted Throttle) were out of stock and Shad said they had them in stock. After I ordered them I got a call saying they didn't have any in the US and they were back ordered (so why where they listed in stock?). It took about a month for me to get them, and I didn't get the free shipping I'd have gotten from other sites.

I'm happy with the product (see this thread: https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-2014-2016/383130-shad-sh23-side-cases.html), but I won't order direct again.

-jcs

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, Here is my installation report on the Shad SH 23 side bags = EASY 20 MINUTE JOB.

Forget all the diagrams threats of having to drill out stuff with a 16mm drill bit. Not needed.
The correct hardware mounts the bags and the mounts in short order. NO DRAMA.
The longer spacers and longer bolts are the american version. short bolts and spacers are the Euro version.

You can remove just the bags off the mounting racks with just the key in about 30 seconds. Very handy!

When your cleaning the bike this makes the job so much easier than hard mounted bags that are stuck on the bike
without the tool box. Not so here. Given the issues with shipping I still give 4 thumbs up.
Mine are the matte black which goes perfect with the black parts on the bike. Looks factory installed.

Pics will happen tomorrow. jake :wink2:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, here are some pics of the bags on the bike for reference. Note how the top of the bags are nearly flat with the passenger seat pad.

Also, when riding the bags are not in your field of view at all even in the mirrors .

These can be completely removed from the bike in mere seconds.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts