StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you that have the Shad 23 bags, I have seen some aftermarket bottles for water, fuel, etc.

But has anyone seen a rear loading pack that fits inbetween the hollow space created by the back side of the bag
and the rack mount ? (See pic below)

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like these I'm going to check them out even closer. Thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rick, I just ordered 2 of these (no logo) $3.99 each but $11.35 shipping so total cost
for 2 was just under $20 shipped to fla.

Still less than some other offers I saw.

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
A lot of us have gotten drainage tubes or plumbing tubes at the Home Depot and made our own storage devices. A lot more room than those tractor document tubes have for sure.
But, whatever floats your boat and fulfills your needs.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I picked up a welding rod holder last month at Tractor Supply for about 9 bucks. It's got an o-ring on the cap so it is waterproof. Not crazy about the color so I'll probably plasti-dip it or put some bedliner material on it once I come up with a way to mount it. In the pic, I just jammed it in there to see what it would look like

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For tools and other small items it will work just fine. Then it gives me more space in the side bags.
And it won't look like a white sewer pipe shoved in there. For this price I'd rather have it and not
need it than need it and not have it. Plus it will be consealed and out of the way. Pics after completion.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Agrisupply.com tubes installed w/ pics

Ok Well the Storage containers from Agri supply.com were delivered earlier this week so I had the chance to install
them today. I did have to modify the mounting tabs on each tube slightly in order to provide a good fit.
Otherwise a 30 minute or less process. Total cost = $19.34 w/ shipping
Currently I have my helmet lock cable in one and my riding gloves in the other. And still have room for a small tool bag,
even a tire repair kit. Also the caps on these can be used to drink from if your near a fresh water source.

See pics below.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do know the box they came in was heavier than the two containers.

So somewhere around 8 ozs each that would be 1 lb per pair. or less....

They do have a small vent hole in the back.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Paint peels, chips, this is already black -Took less than 30 minutes to install both. no paint required or glue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very nice...

If I can ever get the "luggage" issue resolved, I will use this. Looking for a set of panniers that I like that won't break the bank.

This may not be achievable.

Good job...

Kimble

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So far I have over 46 liters of storage on my bike not counting my mesh net that goes all the way accross my
2 side bags and rear seat section.

I just ordered a 30 liter Givi top case. Not in yet will give me 76 + liters

1 - 15 of 15 Posts