StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody up for a morning to ealry afternoon ride this weekend in the SF Bay area? I am thinking twisting mountain roads.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
depends on your pace

Anybody up for a morning to ealry afternoon ride this weekend in the SF Bay area? I am thinking twisting mountain roads.
if you ride faster, count me out, if you are more into enjoying the day at a modest leisurely pace, I am interested.

Update: looks like I cannot go Saturday as I just now acquired a graveyard shift Saturday morning - and I don't ride when I am exhausted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understood. Let me know if you want to go on Sunday morning.

I am up for any pace, as long as we aren't going so slow we have a line of RVs, bicycles, and Harleys behind us

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
sunday ride

Understood. Let me know if you want to go on Sunday morning.

I am up for any pace, as long as we aren't going so slow we have a line of RVs, bicycles, and Harleys behind us
sunday am is good, I need to be back in time to go to a local German gig in the pm

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sunday sounds good. How far do you want to go? How ealry do you want to meet (I am an early riser)?

I did a route a few weeks ago I have been dying to duplicate - took 580 from Oakland, to Palomares Road in Castro Valley, then South on 84 to Calavares Road to the outskirts of San Jose, then up over Mt. Hamilton (Alum Rock Road) then to Livermore (Miner Road). It's kind of a long/very curvey ride - I would be up for a shorter varient, heading towards the coast (skyline-Alice's restaraunt), or trying a new route I haven't done.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
no too early

I will still be carrying a sleep debt from Saturday a.m. graveyard shift, but not late either; lets say that I am on-deck 7 a.m. in central Oakland.

I like Palomares

I consider Calaveras unsafe for motorcycles, though I have ridden it a few times.

I have never been on or over MT Hamilton on 2 wheels.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I consider central Oakland unsafe for motorcycles - Lol. I think maybe we have differrent riding preferences. I am going to pass on Sunday. Have fun if you end up going somewhere on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
OK

I consider central Oakland unsafe for motorcycles - Lol. I think maybe we have differrent riding preferences. I am going to pass on Sunday. Have fun if you end up going somewhere on Sunday.
pass here too - still too tired from night shift

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is an awesome ride. I am fairly new to CA, but I rode to Yosemite on vacation a few year ago. I will be heading there sometime this year.

Post some pics!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any one up for a morning ride on Saturday or Sunday? Thinking about heading to the Junction off of Mines Road for an early lunch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts