Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the good fortune to find a terrific deal on a used bike in the U.S. and brought it into Canada properly and I'm on the road for a price I could afford and the with bike a spent 3 years searching for.

That said.... I bought it in the U.S.A. and Canadian Suzuki dealers have told me over and over to bring it back to the U.S.A. for service!

The most irritating thing here is that I'm going to pay for the service like everyone else and never even considered buying a new bike.

They only harm themselves and the Suzuki reputation.

Thankfully I have a shop, tools and experience. I'll self service when required.

·
Registered
106 Posts
No, I think that it's a valid complaint. When my family moved to the US from Canada, a Toyota dealership tried to tell us that they could not work on our car. A quick call to HQ sorted this one out. If I move home to Ontario, I expect to bring my wee and be able to get it serviced.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
It's all pretty silly. A bike is a bike is a bike. Where you bought it shouldn't matter when it comes to service. If the thing is past warranty what difference does it make? The dealer is turning away business for no good reason.

I'll talk to the shop owner Brian and the service guy Brent the next time I get to Belleville to see what their story is. I'll tell them I'm considering buying a US bike and I'll see what they tell me.

SS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts