StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has bought the manual for the 2018. Who from and how much. Did it have the changes in the 2018 included? I cant't seem to find a listing for it at any of the OEM sites.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
NVR, the oem Suzuki Service Manual for the '18 1000 :
Part No. 99500-39503-03E $90.00

Go to the Suzuki website, bottom black box area, look under "Manuals". It'll have areas for year, type, and model.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Called a dealer near me and the price is the same, so I gave him my business.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The only place to find genuine V-Strom service manuals is here https://www.genuinesuzukimanuals.com/, and yes, the 2018 models are covered.
I also went this route. However mine took 2 plus weeks to make bc the machine that actually binds the book together broke. 😞 Needless to say the guy there refunded my shipping cost and rush shipped it to my house. Very polite.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently purchased the Suzuki original service manual from my local dealer for my 2018 1000XT. The price was around $90 with tax and it took about 2 weeks for it to arrive. I’ve seen where there are some online sites that claim to sell them for less than half list price but I don’t know about the quality. Mine is well made with high quality text and pictures. The sales guy explained to me the reason it takes about 2 weeks for delivery is because Suzuki doesn’t print the manual until the order is placed and paid for. About 75% of the things in there I’ll never use but it also has lots of basic useful information that will help a noob like myself save some money.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,157 Posts
Anything other than the dealer or the official site will be selling pirated copies which will let you down when it comes to fine detail like wiring diagrams etc.
If your eyes are not the best and you wish to scan and magnify a pirated version the poor resolution becomes unreadable and blurry. I guess that photos will also be less crisp.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Anything other than the dealer or the official site will be selling pirated copies which will let you down when it comes to fine detail like wiring diagrams etc.
If your eyes are not the best and you wish to scan and magnify a pirated version the poor resolution becomes unreadable and blurry. I guess that photos will also be less crisp.
One exception to that would be pre-owned oem copies that occasionally come up for sale here or ebay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts