StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 2019 650 XT, and I do my own work. I need torque specs to do the 600 mile service properly. I am unable to find a 2017 and later year service manual. Does anyone know a source?
Thanks so much,
Ray

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fox and DD.....thanks for the offer, but I will just bite the bullet and buy the manual. It is less than 1 hour of shop labor!

In the meantime, if I need a value, I will reach out.

Thanks again,
Ray

·
Registered
136 Posts
You're welcome Ray. I also bought mine on eBay. It might be worth watching and waiting. I bought a genuine Suzuki manual from a former DL650 owner for about 2/3 the big price. I thought it was quite reasonable and I didn't want to contribute to the piracy issue. DD

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered it from the dealer today. Hey, it is less than one hour of what shop labor would cost me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My dealer quoted me a price for the 600 mile service when my bike was new, but said I could do it myself if I kept my receipts. If I recall correctly it would have been more than twice the cost of your new book. (Plus I don't really like anybody else working on my bike.) Money well spent. DD

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree DD. I am a life long dirt biker.... if you dirt bike, doing your own work is part of the hobby. Also, nobody cares for your stuff like you do! In addition, if there is a torque value for a nut or bolt, I use it. Not sure every dealer mechanic does.........

·
Registered
76 Posts
On smaller bolts I trust my arm more than than I trust a torque wrench, especially the wind up spring loaded ones.
There was also a dodgy name brand electronic one that put an aussie out of Dakar a few years back after a piston replacement and subsequent blown motor.
Torque wrenches should be top quality and checked regularly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey RD, I just bought the same bike as you, got it Fri. Just ordered a new manual as well using the Dlr 1x 15% offer. Should come in apps 3wks. Per dealer, Suzuki doesn't stock them but arranges the publication of them. My dlr said all they do is change oil and inspect bike. I never got a price since I'm going to do it all myself too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update -

Got my service manual. At less than what one hour of shop labor costs - it was well worth the money. In fact, it is the most well laid out service manual I have ever seen. The service schedule has the specific page number for each step printed on the page next to it. No more searching....

Very happy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts