StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new V-Strom 650 and want to do much of the maintenance. Can anyone suggest a good service manual and where to purchase it? Is the OEM Suzuki a good service manual and if so, where can I find the best price?

Thanks

·
Registered
441 Posts
repair manuals

As far as I know there are two options. The factory book and the Haynes publishing company book which costs about half. I own both actually and I think either one would be fine for almost any procedure you can imagine. The Haynes book is hardcover and would likely hold up well to years of workshop duty.

I think our excellent host Brendan may be offering the Haynes manual to Stromtroopers as a way to help support this great forum. But I hope I am not letting the cat out of the bag by mentioning this...

Jeff

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ooops.

Boy do I feel stupid. I just remembered the Haynes manual is for the DL 1000. Sorry everyone. It could be the factory book is the only choice for the wee Strom at this point. I am pretty well plugged into the book biz, so if I find otherwise, I will let everyone know. Again, sorry for the confusion.

Jeff (hey it's been a long Winter and my brain is frozen...)

·
Registered
441 Posts
PDF copies

Wow. PDF files of the Suzuki manuals. Do you think Suzuki knows about this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts