StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got curious and it seems that there is a service manual now listed for the 2014 DL1000A at the Genuine Suzuki Manuals website Genuine Suzuki Manuals if you select type "Motorcycle", year "2014", and model "V-Strom (DL1000)".

Motorcycle: V-Strom (DL1000A)
2014 Service Manual
Parts Number: 99500-39500-03E
604+ pages.
Print Quality: Digital Master (best) $90.00

It has a different and slightly newer part number as opposed to what is shown when looking up the service manual for the 2012 DL1000:

Motorcycle: V-Strom (DL1000)
2002 - 2012 Service Manual
Parts Number: 99500-39237-03E
514+ pages.
Print Quality: Hi-Res Scan $90.00

Haven't ordered one yet, don't know about actual availability, but paging through the service manual is at least one semi-productive way to fill the hours and days waiting for the actual bike to show up. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
You guys are funny! Only an obsessive compulsive motorcyclist would have found this out and actually considered ordering one. Come to think of it, I think I need one myself!:mrgreen:

Not to be sexist, but only men would order the repair manual for a motorcycle they are going to own. And, spend time perusing the information in anticipation of its' arrival.:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Note to self
Step 1: Order new 2014 manual
Step 2: Order motorcycle
Step 3: Hide manual and motorcycle from wife.:thumbup:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Step 5. Furiously search for manual to recheck torque settings for rear axle etc when replacing rear tyre.
Step 6. Consider ordering another manual. Ignore sneering glances from wife.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I ordered the new manual for the V-Beak on January 22 and it has not yet arrived. Is this normal? Dealer sheepishly said it's because it's a new model. ?!?!?! I'm in the US market if that matters......

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Genuine Suzuki Manuals lists it. My experience with trying to get a service manual for my Glee in 2012 though would make me think the dealer may be telling the truth for a change.

·
Registered
240 Posts
KTM manual..

My suggestion is to order the manual for the new KTM Adventure bike that way if you do not like your new 1000 you will have your next bikes manual ahead of time.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well, six weeks later, my DL1000A service manual part number 99500-39500-03E has arrived!! At least something to do and read while I wait for the beak to show up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I Pick up my '14 Vee tomorrow according to the dealer they have had the service manual on order since last November. :-(

·
Registered
191 Posts
Should be mentioned on a wiring diagram, no? We all know it's there behind the radiator...aux outlet for fog lamps and heated grips.

·
Vendor
5,423 Posts
Nope, it doesn't show up on the wiring diagram. It was more of a curiosity for me than a problem. I'm going to have to remove body work to find my factory heated grip connector. Even with a mechanics LED flexible scope the one on my bike is still no where in sight.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The wiring diagram shows the power connector running off a 3A fuse, but not a heated grip connector.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Not to be sexist, but only men would order the repair manual for a motorcycle they are going to own. And, spend time perusing the information in anticipation of its' arrival.:biggrinjester:[/QUOTE]

Good point. Time could be better spent learning proper punctuation.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I bought my manual when I bought the bike, part of the package along with 2 oil filters. 20% off at the time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts