StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GROUP RIDE to Radium Hot Springs.

After having such a great group ride last weekend I thought I would throw another one out there.

The ride will be departing the Tuscany Solby's / Starbucks @ 09:30

We will head out HWY-1A with a stop at the Shell station in Canmore (hopefully to meet up with Night_Wolf) then its onto Castle Junction via the Bow Valley Parkway and Radium Hot Springs via HWY-93. My GPS calculates the round trip to be 520KM so we might have to gas up in Radium before returning.

8) It would be great if some of the BC riders could meet up with us in Radium for lunch. 8)

This is a fairly long group ride I know, but we used up the only other good one on the first ride. The long range forecast for Sept.10 is FAIR (14)
Post a reply to this trend if you can make it

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I will be there :p

Calgary-Yogi said:
GROUP RIDE to Radium Hot Springs.

After having such a great group ride last weekend I thought I would throw another one out there.

The ride will be departing the Tuscany Solby's / Starbucks @ 09:30

We will head out HWY-1A with a stop at the Shell station in Canmore (hopefully to meet up with Night_Wolf) then its onto Castle Junction via the Bow Valley Parkway and Radium Hot Springs via HWY-93. My GPS calculates the round trip to be 520KM so we might have to gas up in Radium before returning.

8) It would be great if some of the BC riders could meet up with us in Radium for lunch. 8)

This is a fairly long group ride I know, but we used up the only other good one on the first ride. The long range forecast for Sept.10 is FAIR (14)
Post a reply to this trend if you can make it

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
How about the Canmore Petro Canada just up the road, that way I can walk to Tim's and have a coffee while waiting

Calgary-Yogi said:
Night_Wolf,

Glad you can make it, do you want to meet at the Canmore Shell ?

·
Registered
327 Posts
That's a day-shift for me, can't take it off - sorry! :cry:
The weather prediction looks excellent for that day.

Someone else will have to defend our border :lol:

Al

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Yogi,
I might be able to jump on that day 930 may be a little late for me do to the length of the ride. Probably won't be home till atleast 5 i'm thinkin.
Thoughts? :?:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sept.10 Calgary Ride

Ty / NightWolf,

I rode the Radium route going and coming back from the golf weekend and am riding it again next weekend for another golf weekend, so
I am not fussed if we goto S River Crossing this weekend. Also there has been no responces from the BC boys about meeting in Radium.

FYI - manage to put on 1800+Km last weekend, not bad for a golf weekend :D

Lets leave Tuscany at 09:30 as planned and decide when we meet up with NightWolf

Later
Yogi

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Re: Sept.10 Calgary Ride

I'll be at the Petro Canada in Canmore for 10:00. You guys should be there after 10 and I'll have a chance to get to Tim's for a coffee before we ride.

Calgary-Yogi said:
Ty / NightWolf,

I rode the Radium route going and coming back from the golf weekend and am riding it again next weekend for another golf weekend, so
I am not fussed if we goto S River Crossing this weekend. Also there has been no responces from the BC boys about meeting in Radium.

FYI - manage to put on 1800+Km last weekend, not bad for a golf weekend :D

Lets leave Tuscany at 09:30 as planned and decide when we meet up with NightWolf

Later
Yogi

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Calgary-Yogi, 1800 kms playing golf !!! Just how long are those fairways ???????

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Amazing Day Summary

Well, After meeting riders at 3 pick up points. (Thanks to Stampeder for showing up, to tell us he could not ride today so we did not have to wait for him. That was truely appreciated and saved us a bunch of time) we were off to the races with 2xDL650, 2XDL1K and a SV1000.

The ride turned out to be from Calgary to Sask River Crossing for lunch then on the ice fields to show them to NightWolf. After the ice fields half the group travel back to Calgary via Hwy11 and NightWolf and I retraced our ride back to Canmore. For most of the boys it ended up being about a 700KM day.

:p :p **WARNING** HWY11 is not SV friendly, seamingly it is too long as the SV ran out of gas and had to rescued by both the DL1000 :p :p could not resist this dig
:wink: For sale one gas can used only once :p

I have posted the pictures from the ride in the gallery. Go the the URL http://vstrom.info/vsri-gallery/gallery/main.php and search for Sept.10
I will need a l little assistance from NightWolf to post the videos so stay tuned.

I believe we are planning another ride for Sept.24 so check the forums

Again what a great day to be ride with a group of both new and old friends.

Later
Yogi

1 - 17 of 17 Posts