StromTrooper banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
But I think if the bike ever goes back to the People's Republic of Kali it subject to back fee's and emission compliance IE stickers and evap. systems.
I think that only applies to commercial trucks over a certain weight.
There has been a problem after the majority of used big diesel trucks can't be sold inside CA without that timed automatic shut off while idling system being added. I know that our fire department was struggling to sell their retired units to the point of considering selling them to Mexico.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sales and registration is really simple here....money changes hands (or bank accounts by e-transfer, or something like that), title transfer form is filled out by both parties, buyer takes transfer form to insurance agent (who can do vehicle reggie and issue plate), buyer comes back and takes bike with his new plate on it.

Seller then takes his plate and his reggie to his agent, and cancels insurance, gets some money back, minus cancellation fees. Some agents are even open on Sundays.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Sales and registration is really simple here....money changes hands (or bank accounts by e-transfer, or something like that), title transfer form is filled out by both parties, buyer takes transfer form to insurance agent (who can do vehicle reggie and issue plate), buyer comes back and takes bike with his new plate on it.

Seller then takes his plate and his reggie to his agent, and cancels insurance, gets some money back, minus cancellation fees. Some agents are even open on Sundays.
[/QUO
What are year registration fee's In Pennsylvania its $18 and you can ride 365 days a year. Cheapest a insurer can write a policy is $75 per year.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
No big hassle here in Ontario.
I take their money and give them the transfer part of the ownership and a bill of sale written on part of the Used Vehicle Information Package (which you have to get and provide when selling a vehicle), and take my plate off. Finalizing the transfer is the job of the new owner. Pretty sure my ins. co. wouldn't cover anything that happened after I had signed off the transfer to a new owner.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Sometimes I mess around with low ballers. I tell them I will accept their off if they can give me cash in 5's. One person I arranged to meet with a suitcase full of 5's, then the day before I told them I needed an extra day to wash some blood out of the trunk.

Reactions: Nicad

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
You have allowed total strangers on the internet to annoy you. Why? (Rhetorical question!) Reading their email wasted 30 seconds, tops. If your time is at all valuable, ask yourself HONESTLY how much time you have lost typing and reading this thread? Please don't respond to this message -- it's not worth your time!

If you're feeling childish, tease them. When they ask your "lowest price", respond with price higher than posted. Demand "favours" from their mother. Insist that they prove membership in Hare Krishna. If they can show up the next morning with cash, take them up on it ("If you show up with cash tomorrow, I'll take $3,700"). Just recognize that you're still wasting time (your own), so you should at least have fun with it.

In all seriousness, items on Kijiji only sell quickly when they're at a discount. If you're asking a "fair" price, you'll wait AND you'll endure those seeking the discount.

I wish you a speedy sale and a reduction in stress.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Sure, I understand. You want a speedy sale, you need to be offering a bargain. I may still be on the high side of bargain, although I think I'm reasonable. Cheaper than any comparables listed. But of course anything is only worth (in $$$) what you can find someone else to pay for it. I'm not really sure what's "hot" in the bike market these days. It doesn't seem to be this bike, anyway, lol.

Maybe I should just go ahead and buy the other bike I want, instead of waiting until I've sold this one, as I've told myself I would do. Putting pressure on myself to get it sold.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
If you can afford both get the new bike and enjoy. Kind of like looking for a job when you have a job there is a lot less pressure.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I have a two sided For Sale sign that I strap onto a bike I want to sell. Bungi on to the luggage rack sorta like a European front fender license plate. It has my cell # on it.
Then I start using that bike as my primary. Four bikes, pretty much 4 days max each. No haggling. One went to somebody who follwed me into the Safeway parking lot.
I think it helps a potential buyer to envision themselves riding it. And they know it really runs. (sure that's my real cell #)

Reactions: V-Strom Ry 2

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Bike is sold. One of the sort of low-ballers turned out to be a reasonable buyer. Came down to $3200. Might I have gotten more tomorrow or Monday if/when other potential buyers came to look? Maybe.

Said it was going to be his first bike. Not sure this would be my first pick for a first bike. But he took it for a test ride (with me holding the cash) and seemed reasonably competent (not wobbly).

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bike is sold. One of the sort of low-ballers turned out to be a reasonable buyer. Came down to $3200. Might I have gotten more tomorrow or Monday if/when other potential buyers came to look? Maybe.

Said it was going to be his first bike. Not sure this would be my first pick for a first bike. But he took it for a test ride (with me holding the cash) and seemed reasonably competent (not wobbly).
Nice! Is there another bike in your near future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
After reading and participating in this thread,I was kind of dreading posting my Darling Brides 2013 Kawasaki ER6N, but it was time for it to go. She much prefers the BMW F650GS. Posted the Kawi on June 26, had a serious inquiry within an hour and after several messages each way, a 25% deposit e-transferred to me 24 hours after I posted the ad. Delivered the bike and picked up the remainder of the cash this morning. Didn't get a single low-ball offer, a single "is this still available" message, and got within $200 of my asking price. I set my asking price a little below the mid point of what I saw people asking for similar bikes, even though mine had visible damage from 2 low speed crashes, which I was up front about and highlighted in the ad. Apparently, it does work sometimes.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
After reading and participating in this thread,I was kind of dreading posting my Darling Brides 2013 Kawasaki ER6N, but it was time for it to go. She much prefers the BMW F650GS. Posted the Kawi on June 26, had a serious inquiry within an hour and after several messages each way, a 25% deposit e-transferred to me 24 hours after I posted the ad. Delivered the bike and picked up the remainder of the cash this morning. Didn't get a single low-ball offer, a single "is this still available" message, and got within $200 of my asking price. I set my asking price a little below the mid point of what I saw people asking for similar bikes, even though mine had visible damage from 2 low speed crashes, which I was up front about and highlighted in the ad. Apparently, it does work sometimes.
As you did you have to be a realist when pricing the bike. I have sold 2 bikes one in April the other last Saturday June 27.

The 1st bike 2006 R1200GS took about 3 or 4 weeks to sell. Buyer never even tried to negotiate.

The 2nd bike 2005 R1200GS took about 8 days to sell I got $150 less than my asking price but traded out a few parts that equated to about $100 in value.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts