StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vegas to Seligman for lunch August 1st

I am going to drag my nephew out for a lunch run to Seligman AZ and meet Heavy H.
My nephew thinks he wants to ride to Maryland on his Gixster and hasn't done anything greater than 140 miles in a day so I'm going to drag him around for 400+ miles and see what he thinks of that:grin2:
Anyone else interested in meeting up?
Mike

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I am going to drag my nephew out for a lunch run to Seligman AZ and meet Heavy H.
My nephew thinks he wants to ride to Maryland on his Gixster and hasn't done anything greater than 140 miles in a day so I'm going to drag him around for 400+ miles and see what he thinks of that:grin2:
Anyone else interested in meeting up?
Mike
My knees hurt just thinking about it :grin2: ...have fun!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kid has no clue what a long distance entails and doesn't seem to listen!
Better yet looks like a chance of rain on Saturday and I'm going rain or shine.
My gear is good, his will be uncomfortable :laugh2:
He may ship his bike to Maryland when I'm done with him.
His plan is 600 miles a day on the cross country with a backpack on the whole way.
He had 3 vertebrae in his lower back fussed 3 months ago:confused:
Mike

My knees hurt just thinking about it :grin2: ...have fun!

·
Registered
14,408 Posts
No one told me I couldn't do 1375 miles in a day on my R65LS. So I did it a few times coming home from Norman OK. Eventually put 217K miles on the bike .
The Nephew may be young and d... enough to have a grand time trying. Never stifle enthusiasm, well, maybe when it comes to Russian roulette.

·
Registered
14,408 Posts
Hey, I ain't the only LS rider here. Grey Wolf has admitted drinking the kool aid!
Crazy biker indeed. You be the one to go to Alaska this year, or so I heard.
And that 217 was only on one of a few that went over 100K before they found new homes.
Mike will give the Neph a learning he may benefit from. Maybe even turn him to the Dark-side. Horrors!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love enthusiasm, especially in the morning getting me started! :furious:
Just want him to understand what he is getting into and being prepared, as Tombstone said eddy-cating.
Lets just say the blonde roots run deep on this kid:wink2:
Since his household will be on a truck relocating to Maryland he does not have the choice of turning back once committed to this ride of his.
Just want him aware that its not a joyous daytrip like I usually take him on and it will be back to back for several days no matter how you feel.
Mike

No one told me I couldn't do 1375 miles in a day on my R65LS. So I did it a few times coming home from Norman OK. Eventually put 217K miles on the bike .
The Nephew may be young and d... enough to have a grand time trying. Never stifle enthusiasm, well, maybe when it comes to Russian roulette.

·
Registered
14,408 Posts
I traded an old beemer for a model T and took the new bike owner to a sidecar rally. That was the last camping trip he ever did. I took him on a log-ish day ride over some terrible roads, 350-400 miles. He doesn't do long day rides no mo either.
Some folks just aren't into it and others of us just ain't got no sense and enjoy the hell out it..
I know, we're cursed with the FUN GENE!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive got the Fun Gene, just not the Green Gene to fund the Fun!
But I think we all have that problem:crying2:
One day that Lotto ticket might come through:wink2:
Mike

I traded an old beemer for a model T and took the new bike owner to a sidecar rally. That was the last camping trip he ever did. I took him on a log-ish day ride over some terrible roads, 350-400 miles. He doesn't do long day rides no mo either.
Some folks just aren't into it and others of us just ain't got no sense and enjoy the hell out it..
I know, we're cursed with the FUN GENE!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts