Strom Trooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot, and on various forums, about the fuel injection and wind protection issues. I may only have about 300 miles on my K5 1000, but these two things, to me, are not as annoying as the lack of self-canceling turn signals! Unless I missed some posts, I have not seen anyone complain about this short-coming? Does anyone use their turn signals?????

Suzuki - get some self-canceling turn signals on this great bike, please.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Only a small percentage of current production motorcycles have self- cancelling turn signals. I don't believe any Suzukis have them today. Cancelling turn signals is a habit you develope like pulling in the clutch before you shift. I don't even think about it, I just do it. I don't know if you have owned a bike with self-cancelling turn signals or not,but they don't work all that well, nothing like a car. They usually turn off either too early or too late. I was always having to monitor them and turn them on a second time or manually cancel them. This is more trouble than using manual signals!
The thing that does bother me is how dim the OEM signals are on my 2005 DL650. It is easy not to see one in bright sunlight. Riding buddies complain to me about how hard they are too see. I find it hard to believe the DOT standards allow signals like these to be sold on new vehicles. I am working on changing them because I consider it very likely that they could cause an accident. The problem appears to be caused by thier lack of a reflector around the bulb. Suzuki has compromised safety to save costs-bad on Suzuki's part.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I am just spoiled from my first street bike, a 2002 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic. It's self-canceling turn signals worked fantastic. I gues I thought that if this mid-level cruiser had them, most street bikes would, and should have them.

I can and will get "used" to them, but it is something that should be better, in my opinion. Or maybe I'll check into that Kisan Signal Minder instead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have always been very conscious of leaving my indicators flashing after a turn, so I got in to the habit over the years of cancelling the indicators before the next gear change.
Your left hand has to operate the clutch lever, so I go for the cancel button before squeezing the clutch lever.
I probably forget my indicators abut twice a year maximum.

Ride safe Doebag

1 - 7 of 7 Posts