StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken there vstrom down it?
from the description looks doable but from some videos I see big mud sections , just not sure they were on the trail when they shot because it doesn't seem like it would be passable by other users

·
Registered
529 Posts
Philstrom talked me into it last season . He'll probably have the " everytrail" gps track of that day . We hit the trail at Parry sound and went quite a ways before we got to an impassible water barrier . Along the way , I dropped the bike and broke my shifter ( or was that some other hellish ordeal he talked me into ?)

Alex

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Philstrom talked me into it last season . He'll probably have the " everytrail" gps track of that day . We hit the trail at Parry sound and went quite a ways before we got to an impassible water barrier . Along the way , I dropped the bike and broke my shifter ( or was that some other hellish ordeal he talked me into ?)

Alex
LOL....ya, ya...all my fault !

Here is my Everytrail (now defunct) link with pics Seguin Trail, Parry Sound, ON - Motorcycling trip | EveryTrail

It's quite deceiving on the second last image of my Wee resting....the long straight trail behind barely showing Alex on his ass as well, is like riding moguls on a black diamond run....except the bottom of every valley is deep sand and you gotta kept moving. I fell because I stopped to see if Alex was still upright....he still doesn't believe me :mrgreen:

Just don't do it after heavy rains like we did.....and don't do it alone.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wouldn't want to ride the Seguin trail on a VStrom. I did it a couple of times on a KLR and it was pretty easy on that bike because of the higher ground clearance and longer suspension travel. Most of the trail would be relatively easy on a vstrom but there are long sandy, heavily whooped sections that would be miserable. The good thing is that the trail intersects with roads frequently, so if you come to a section you don't like you can just turn back and exit at the last road crossing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, have had some conflicting accounts looks like its pretty challenging, may give it a try if we have a dry summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any other routes you guys have done in that area, maybe north of Parrysound near Britt?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wouldn't want to ride the Seguin trail on a VStrom. I did it a couple of times on a KLR and it was pretty easy on that bike because of the higher ground clearance and longer suspension travel. Most of the trail would be relatively easy on a vstrom but there are long sandy, heavily whooped sections that would be miserable. The good thing is that the trail intersects with roads frequently, so if you come to a section you don't like you can just turn back and exit at the last road crossing.
Yup, remember doing the sand whoops on the KLR. Arms were mush by the end of it.

Forgot I still had these Dogen.........little bit of water at the end

·
Registered
110 Posts
Those photos bring back memories - that was a fun ride!

Now I miss the KLR:eek:rig_frown:

Yup, remember doing the sand whoops on the KLR. Arms were mush by the end of it.

Forgot I still had these Dogen.........little bit of water at the end

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had fun exploring Old Nipissing Road this year. Its an old road through cottage country but unfortunately it is not continuous. There's a bunch sections that get interrupted so you have to spend some time with a map to plot a route to find all the sections. I started in Commanda and followed it south.

any other routes you guys have done in that area, maybe north of Parrysound near Britt?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did the seguin trail last summer with a buddy who had an old bmw r80gs. I had Anakee 3s and it was good experience. Since I never did it before I had no idea what I was supposed to be afraid of. I crossed through a "lake" and hit through a pretty rocky section. I ended up breaking a turn signal. over all it was good but tiring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts