StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving through Broadmeadow (Newcastle)this arvo heading into town, seen this guy on a bike waiting to turn right into Curley Road (near tennis club) and I thought Hmm...that looks like one of those new wee-stroms and it was.
It was an orangy-bronz colour (i think they call it orange though) and looked pretty shmick.
I don't know but perhaps he could be a member here but this is the first one I've seen being ridden by an owner (bike shops closed by then so it can't have been a demo)

They do look nice but I still think I prefer the older shape better....the bulkier K7 that I have gives the bike a look of substance and makes it look like a bigger bike.

Has anyone seen one riding around yet?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Driving through Broadmeadow (Newcastle)this arvo heading into town, seen this guy on a bike waiting to turn right into Curley Road (near tennis club) and I thought Hmm...that looks like one of those new wee-stroms and it was.
It was an orangy-bronz colour (i think they call it orange though) and looked pretty shmick.
I don't know but perhaps he could be a member here but this is the first one I've seen being ridden by an owner (bike shops closed by then so it can't have been a demo)

They do look nice but I still think I prefer the older shape better....the bulkier K7 that I have gives the bike a look of substance and makes it look like a bigger bike.

Has anyone seen one riding around yet?

Cheers

Dave
Dave,I'm with you, I much prefer the old shape,had a look at the new model and they have done good but my 08 is 99% touring and it does that very well,very well.:yesnod:

·
Registered
121 Posts
)

couldn't agree more:thumbup:

·
Registered
612 Posts
I sat on the new one at Western Suzuki in Melton and if I ever update from my K7 I will only be able to go to the L1. I suffer too much from ducks disease (26in inseam) and the extra height on the new wee means it will not be in the running. The new look is very similar to the Kawazaki Versys when you look at it side on. Like a couple of the other guys here, I think I prefer the old style.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Suzukigirl, but have you tried to throw a leg over the versys...jeez I tried today at the expo....result = didn't happen:thumbdown:
They must think all adventure riders are 2mtr basketball players or somethin':confused:

Cheeres

wobbly_boot
(Dave)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yep, me too. I have a short inseam and ended up lowering my Wee. The new one is just plain too tall for us shorter riders.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Have you noticed that the 1200 versions of most adventure bikes have a lower seat height than the 650/800 versions ? Why is it so ?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just guessin'....but I would think maybe because of the engine size, the engine is perhaps located further forward in the frame due to the angling of the frame towards the rear allowing a lower seat height.:confused:

Would that sound about right? Other than that I haven't the faintest:green_lol:

Cheers

WB

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yeah Suzukigirl, but have you tried to throw a leg over the versys...jeez I tried today at the expo....result = didn't happen:thumbdown:
They must think all adventure riders are 2mtr basketball players or somethin':confused:

Cheeres

wobbly_boot
(Dave)
Yes Dave I have riden my hubbys Versys. (which we are trying to sell) He now has a 2010 Strom.
A bloke came to look at the Versys last week-end and Drew was telling him about the V-Strom, looks like we missed the sale though, looks like the guys going looking for a Strom:hurray:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Yes Dave I have riden my hubbys Versys. (which we are trying to sell) He now has a 2010 Strom.
A bloke came to look at the Versys last week-end and Drew was telling him about the V-Strom, looks like we missed the sale though, looks like the guys going looking for a Strom:hurray:
suzukigirly,you need some serious used car salesman attitude,Drew,bloody ell mate,you tell the bloke we have to let versys go as we are up grading to a ST1300 and we are going the keep the stroms for chasing feral cats because thats all the heaps of are good for--now try again and leave all the morals behind--salesman

1 - 11 of 11 Posts