StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've got ... me. And a well-equipped Wee that's itching to go north next summer. Looking for a few fellow travelers to join the ride and possibly distract the mosquitoes from me.

I've always dreamed of taking the ferry to Alaska and riding back down, ever since I was a kid in Seattle watching the Alaska Marine Highway load up cars at the downtown waterfront. Now it sails out of Bellingham, but I have friends there where we could stage, park trailer vehicles during the trip, etc.

I don't have any real itinerary yet, although I may have some people join me for the ferry ride and then fly back out of Anchorage. I should be able to spend about 3 weeks on the trip.

If you're interested, drop me a line or respond in this thread. We can discuss riding styles, lodging preferences, and other questions of compatibility.

Cheers!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Three months after your post... I don't get on here very often...

I am trying to get up there earlier than you, in June, let me know if your plans are firm or flexible. If my riding buddy backs out I might push it back to August...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not going to happen this summer, too many other obligations

Make sure and book the AMHS ferry at least a couple months in advance. It fills up quick.
Thanks for the input, I realized I need to have my dates picked out around the time the ferry schedule opens up. Plus, with a recent move and other things... Looks like I'll have to push it off one more year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts