StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from the rainy Northwest.

About the time that the entire NW is popping Prozac like Jelly Bellys after a long wet-cold Winter and Spring -- the pillion and I are flying to the sun of AZ first week of May next year. :yesnod:

I trying to find a place to rent a bike (almost any bike) for a few days of fun in the Sedona area. Any ideas?

It will be my first time to AZ for anything other than a stop over at an airport. This may also be a partial preview of my goal to ride Route 66 from IL to CA - soon.

·
Registered
708 Posts
crap i just remembered seeing something about this not long ago, wanna say its eagle something for the name, not very cheap though,
the fiance just asked me about this very same thing the other day since we may take our honeymoon out that way
you going to fly into phx then drive up? i know theres a couple cycle rental places in phx proper.
you'll love sedona, i was much more impressed with it than the grand canyon the first time i came across mingus mountain from prescott into the verde valley and saw it.
theres lots of great hiking and seasonal roads around there and a few hidden water holes and one very popular one (slide rock on oak creek)
if i can find/remember what the rental in sedona was i'll post it in

addendum:
ok, couldn't find the one in sedona specifically, but the 'eagle' i was referring too is www.eaglerider.com and all they have for pickups in the area is phoenix and flagstaff (only stock giant dresser harley's) and scottsdale has a few bwm's a couple goldwings (including a trike) and one of those weird piagio two front wheel scooters

there's several users on here from the area, i know rzimm is one of them

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I rented from EagleRider in Scottdale/Phoenix.

It was a good experience, we rented Harleys. Note that the fine print prohibits off-pavement use.

Great riding north of Phoenix.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Your in for a treat, beautiful area. Mountain biking/ hiking mecca. Didn't find many off-road rental options but Harleys where plentiful. :thumbup:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Looks like Eagle Rider has BMWs in Scottsdale and Las Vegas if you don't want to Pirate-up your wardrobe.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I think it's funny how not one person from AZ has posted yet. :D

I'll add one more note that you will love Sedona. The wife and I have been there twice about 5 years apart. The first time it was much smaller...but they have undergone a bit of a building boom and a lot of the tourists are becoming "locals". Still beautiful nonetheless.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think it's funny how not one person from AZ has posted yet. :D

Ya, .....Eagle Rides opened a place here in Flagstaff last summer..... they were in West Sedona for awhile but moved up here. They rent other sport bikes like the BMW GS. Shoot a PM this way......the month of May can be still cool in the high country with even some snow possible..... but Sedona/Verde Valley/Jerome Temps can be a lot warmer. Would be great to hook up for some riding.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Eagle Rider is opening in Sedona in the Spring. They have BMW GS' and can get other bikes as well. Some locations have KLR650s. I sometimes drive transfer for them--that lets me ride Harley's without having to own one ;-)

PM me before you come, maybe we can hook up for some riding while you're here.

--Dave

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I was in Sedona on vacation about a year and half ago and stayed a few miles south of Sedona in a town called Oak Creek. On Google maps the town is now call Big Park, AZ. If you zoom on to this area on maps.google.com there is an Eagle Rider Rental store listed with the following info:

EagleRider of Sedona
6560 HWY 179, Suite 100
Sedona, AZ 86351
(928) 284-3983

This shop was definitely there when I was there. But it does not show up on Eaglerider.com so I can't say if it's still there. Try calling the number listed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts