StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
13,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a ZUMO 660 a month ago. A few weeks ago while riding into work it fell of the mount (after riding for about 10 miles working properly.) Garmin Is taking care of it under warranty.

My old 60CX I had a tether (that was never needed) but there is no provision for a strap on the 660. So any of you have a way to attach a safety strap to it?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I haven't had one fall out of the mount, but I have noticed that it's easy for the clip/latch to not fully engage when you put the GPS in the mount.

A tether shouldn't be difficult. If I was more concerned about mine, I'd prolly use electrical or gaffers tape.

·
Administrator
13,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't had one fall out of the mount, but I have noticed that it's easy for the clip/latch to not fully engage when you put the GPS in the mount.

A tether shouldn't be difficult. If I was more concerned about mine, I'd prolly use electrical or gaffers tape.
Odds are I ddin't fully engage it, but just the same a little extra security would be appreciated. I suspect that, between flying, driving, and riding, that my garmin 60CX has a few hundred thousand of miles on it without ever falling out of the mount. The 660 had maybe 500 or 1000 miles when it fell out.

How do I securely mount a tether to the 660? Are you suggesting the tape to hold the tether? (Gorilla tape?)

..Tom

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good question as I was just looking at my 665 and my first idea was maybe Velcro strips to some how secure because at first glance there does not seem too much there to tie on to. Lmk what you find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts