StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2010 Vstrom and I need to trailer it. is there a way to use tie downs with out damaging the faring??

·
Registered
80 Posts
You need to have the right kind of straps and attachment points on the trailer where the straps dont rub on the bike. Im always careful of how much I pull down on the front shocks, you dont want to compress your shocks for long periods of time, good way to blow a seal. My Great Pumpkin coming home.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Lots of good points in WeeDude's photo...tire pulled against the front of the trailer, chocked in, straps high for side-to-side support (but not at the ends of weak stock bars), straps in the back to hold the bike in case the truck does emergency braking.

I strap my front attached on the crash bars with additional straps on the hand grips moderately tight to reduce the top heavy tipping. I strap the rear to the passenger hand grip aluminum bars. You want the straps and chocking to support the bike even if the trailer tips over, or at least if it hits a big pothole with just the tires on one side or is forced off the pavement on one side, etc.

Be sure to take a good look at the trailer tires...no cracking, proper inflation, good valve stems...and the trailer bearings, lights, etc. Wrecking due to an old tire failing or a bearing seizing and the wheel falling off ruins the day.

·
Registered
255 Posts
+1 on the Canyon Dancer, works very well to deal with potential fairing interference.

·
Registered
722 Posts
You need to have the right kind of straps and attachment points on the trailer where the straps dont rub on the bike. Im always careful of how much I pull down on the front shocks, you dont want to compress your shocks for long periods of time, good way to blow a seal. My Great Pumpkin coming home.

If you use the upper part of the triple tree, then you dont have to worry about the fairing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts