StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all know it: that special feeling when you wave and give a knowing grin to a motorcyclist on the same ride.

Today, while driving my daughter and her friend to school, we drove past a fellow sitting parked on a DL650, chatting to someone on the sidewalk. Unable to contain myself, I gave the "V" peace symbol salute, hoping that he'd understand that I, too had a 'Strom. One thing I'm sure of is that I completely embarrassed my teenaged passengers!

Does anyone have a suggestion for, or know of a V-Strom specific wave?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I sit straight up and salute fellow Strommers, nothing less would be an insult to my bretheren and sisteren.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I try to hide my face when I see other motorcyclists, ashamed of being seen on such an ugly bike.

Kidding, really, just kidding.

·
Registered
126 Posts
what a cool idea...

I can always tell I'm waving to a fellow strommer because of the hearty wave I get back...

also happens to be why I know I'm riding the best bike there is because nobody waves like there having an absolute blast like a v-strom rider.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I haven't done any specific vstrom wave.

I give the Advrider salute to any on an adventure bike or an adventure ride. I just get scolds in return tho. Don't know why.

·
Registered
725 Posts
How 'bout this?

·
Registered
982 Posts
How about a modified Legion salute? Left hand, clenched fist, first strike your breast (yes, thats what its called) with it and extend out at the appropriate 45deg angle. Kind of a Hail and Farewell thing, ala the Marx Brothers.
While placing your left foot on the passenger peg and touch your chin to the gas cap. I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
988 Posts
American Sign Language for "V"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Excellent!! And the motto "live long and prosper" couldn't be more apt. Most of us are, um, rather chronologically gifted; and since our bikes are so economical, we're generally prosperous too. :cool:

Outstanding! I've got the "live long and prosper" wave covered. Unfortunately, it is the only wave I can give, Strom or not. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you see a fellow strommer coming the other way, you could just give each other a high five of sorts with your left foot :p

The mental image of that happening just makes me chuckle.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Because it's a "V" Strom I always give the "V" for Victory salute (or peace sign, whatever you want to call it).

Everyone gets either an old fashioned wave or when I see Harley riders I do two fingers down low.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I think we should al learn American Sign Language and use that to communicate, like this:

"Hi, how are you, nice day, are you a www.Stromtrooper.com forum member and if so, what's your handle?"

and you'd reply, in ASL:

"Hey, I'm Scrostrom (or whatever, spelling out each letter) who are you"

Here's a nifty link, I've spent days at this site, I like loud music.

http://commtechlab.msu.edu/Sites/aslweb/browser.htm

All this as we pass each other at high rates of speed. Hands, for motorcycling, are a little overrated, donchathink.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone have a suggestion for, or know of a V-Strom specific wave?
I was thinking more specifically a wave for when they are riding, and you are not, ie: walking or driving your cage. A safe alternative to the tempting option of giving chase and saying "hey! I've got a V-Strom too!" ;-)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Two finger V..Is good for me..just a nod for most. look straight ahead for the HD throng,'' except if they wave first'' And the same for the metric copies.:)

·
Registered
797 Posts
I stick out my hand or nod to everyone, even the 50cc scooters. We all put our lives on the line when we take to the road on two wheels :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here in gods country:rolleyes1:, all two wheeled folks wave or nod at each other, no matter the brand that we're on. Well, except for the guy with the paper tag still on his Harley. He's a little upity until he has so many people waving at him that he finally comes down off of his high horse and realizes that there are a million bikes just like his running around here.

The guys on scooters must get abused a little though I must admit 'cause everytime I wave at them, they just about come off of thier (step-thru) bike waving back. That tells me that they dont get waved at much.

Randy.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts