StromTrooper banner

secret menu in zumo-get voltmeter and thermometer out?

13K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  ThatFixedIt 
#1 ·
Hi guys

so I just stumbled on a secret zumo menu- if you put your finger on the clock in the upper right hand side for about 10 seconds, a secret menu comes up. there's a bunch of info, but most startling is a thermometer and an incoming voltage meter. can anyone with more computer skills than me figure out how to get that info on the normal screen??? that would rock. i can't believe garmin didn't put that info out there to begin with.:confused:

#3 ·
Holy Crap! CrazyRussian, you must be destined to save me money. First the bracket and now the free voltmeter. I think i'm into you for at least $160. :p

At least a beer if we ever run into each other!

#4 ·
It's probably the skinny wires leading to the Zumo, but its voltage reading is always lower than my voltmeter's.

#5 ·
zumo voltmeter

Wish I'd know about the voltmeter.
Recently, driving my Subaru with the Zumo in the car cradddle, I was suspicious of the idiot battery warning light. Too bad ... I had a breakdown requireing a new alternator. The Zumo would have aided me in the diagnosis and saved a hassle.

#6 ·
Problems with Zumo 550

Tried this trick w/my 550. The info looked cool, but a couple of minutes later, my unit locked up. No buttons would work and screen had stopped loading a new map. Wasn't sure what happened. Tried to call Garmin and was told it would be a 30 minute wait. Went home and waited for battery to die. Plugged it back into the charger and all was OK.

Not thinking there was a connection, I told my wife of the discovery so we wouldn't have to buy voltmeters. While driving to a business conference, she tried it on her 550 and was excited about the functionality. She called back later and said that she had driven past her exit because her Zumo had not updated her location in a while and was locked up. No buttons worked. I told her of my similar experience and she let her unit's battery die. When plugged back in, it was working again.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

#7 ·
The function change locks out normal operation. With software version 4.80, there should be an Exit icon at the bottom of the screen. Holding down the lower right button for a second should turn the unit off. Holding the lower right and upper left buttons simultaneously will reset the unit. In extreme problem cases, take out the battery for a few seconds.

#9 ·
Thanx.

Pat- thanx for the info, but the lower right button didn't respond. I'll try the lower right and upper left next time. Wasn't carrying a small allen wrench for battery, but am now.

Like your map. How do you do that? Asked admin how to do it, but didn't get response.

#10 ·
#12 ·
#13 ·
I'm guessing this is a 550 feature? I tried in on my 665 and all that pops up is a screen for selecting the time display. Outside temp is displayed on a screen that pops up when you touch the lower left or right corner display. When my girlfriend gets back from her trip with my 550 I'll have to give it a try on that.

#14 ·
Zumo

For the Zumo 660

1) Press and hold the battery icon on the main menu page.
2) press and hold the sat signal indicator for 10 seconds to switch into a nice screen showing signal strength and other sat info.

DM

#17 ·
Touching the sat strength icon on my 200W for about 7-9 seconds brings up the sat aquisition screen which has an altitude readout!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.