StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey peoples how is ya all i finaly did it i took the secondaries out man it made a big diffrence all around but mostly right off the start and my throttle response is incredable my top speed also went from 220km to 235 easy im glad i did this mod i also have a tfi box k&n filter and achripovik slipons

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I was impressed with the improved throttle response on mine too when I pulled off the secondaries. Don't know how bad I want to test the max speed though. That asphalt whips past pretty good, even at normal highway speeds. :shock:

·
Administrator
17,098 Posts
It may be the best "free" mod that can be performed on the Strom! Mine aint NEVER going back in!!!

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Ben1050 said:
Then why did they put it in in the first place?
I think it has to do with intake velocities. When you whack the throttle open, the secondary butterflies respond slower, maintaining the velocity of the intake air and ensuring proper fuel atomization. So, in theory, they should make the bike run better (which many of us disagree with) and it probably helps with emissions.

I think they have also set them up to act as a limiter for the top end. The secondaries will not remain fully open in top gear, limiting intake capacity and maximum speed. Some guys have posted about increasing their top speed when they remove them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
any negatives

Wondering; how do find slow running and throttle control with the secondaries removed? Also did you have to remove the throttle bodies to remove the butter flies?

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Low speed throttle is very responsive, some say too rsponsive. I like it.

No need to take off the throttle bodies. Once you get inside the airbox, like removing the air filter, the secondaries are right there.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I did the mod on my K5 650 and didnt think it really made any difference other than more intake noise. Infact, the low speed response seemed to be slightly less. I put the plates back in for good.

Cheers

·
Administrator
17,098 Posts
rcacs said:
I did the mod on my K5 650 and didnt think it really made any difference other than more intake noise. Infact, the low speed response seemed to be slightly less. I put the plates back in for good.

Cheers
You can't get any more power out of the Wee's, or make them run better. :lol: They are simply.....add gas and go!!!! It isn't wishful thinking, that my Strom runs better without the butterflies.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Indeed, only the BigStrom benefits from Secondary Removal Surgery!! :D

And HOW!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts