StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been reading up on this lately and figured I will go ahead and do it since it's free and all. Does anyone have any pics of what exactly to remove and maybe hints and tips to help make the project go smoother? I have seen the step by step instructions but haven't been able to find any pics. Will I need to remove the crash bars (Givi)? Thanks.

·
Administrator
17,402 Posts
bigtallguy said:
Have been reading up on this lately and figured I will go ahead and do it since it's free and all. Does anyone have any pics of what exactly to remove and maybe hints and tips to help make the project go smoother? I have seen the step by step instructions but haven't been able to find any pics. Will I need to remove the crash bars (Givi)? Thanks.

It will make perfect sense to you, once you pull the air filter out, and look in there. If you have a magnetic tip phillips head, or any type of magnet at all, it will be very helpful to attract the tiny screws. Push down on the butterfly so it is closed, take your time and use some pretty good down force when you start to take screw out. They have really soft heads, try not to strip them out. Once the screws are out, the butterflies need to be pulled out. They are actually between the groove of the actuating rod, and need to be slid out. Trust me.....this will all make sense once you start to do it. VERY SIMPLE and yields awesome results. :wink:

·
Registered
285 Posts
What is the purpose of the secondaries anyway? How does elevation affect the removal of these? I take most if not all remove them then?

M

·
0 Posts
I'd like to read more about this. Can anyone expand on why this is a good thing? Any downside? I take it this will kill my warranty.

·
Registered
203 Posts
About killing the warranty-

If there ever was a problem that was serious or costly enough I would just spend 30 mins. and reinstall them if I thought there was any chance they might inspect inside the airbox.

I can't really expand on the exact use. I took mine out after maybe 1000 miles and the two things that changed for me were-
The low end power. Not tons more but rather a slight amount, but the power came on much quicker. For me the throttle at just above idle is more like an on-off switch. Jerky to some but I like it.

I also think the top end was more powerful too. Again not tons more but a noticeable difference.

There might also be a bit more noise after taking the secondaries out too. Others will correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts